Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

In Case You Weren't Convinced

AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
Check out the difference in the chefs (Paleo vs Vegetarian). Which one seems healthier to you?

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/video.asp?id=735&v=2623408886001

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Wow, it seems very obvious to me...glad I've gone the caveman way!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    OMG that is hilarious. Was watching and totally caught off guard when the second interview started. Almost as if the producer of that segment did that on purpose.
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    I think video is no longer available. Would have liked to watch it.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    I think video is no longer available. Would have liked to watch it.
    I had no issue playing the video just now.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    I live in Indiana, and have heard of the Caveman truck...I need to go get some of his food!!! :)
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Holy crap!!! Yeah, big difference (pun intended).
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I don't think the video was favouring one view over another. However, I think it is quite obvious that Caveman puts more effort into the ingredients that he buys. The other truck used many processed foods in their menu. Vegetarian is not synonymous with "healthy" but I do think there are healthy vegetarians... though I have not met one personally.

I was getting hungry from the visuals of Caveman's food. Even though I don't live anywhere near a city, I am ecstatic to know that there are people out there bringing Paleo food to the masses.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    I was a vegetarian most of my late teens and my 20's. My early adventures in vegetarianism, I would now define as a junk food vegetarian. In my later years, I did pay much more attention to what was on my plate. Regardless, the few months that I have been following paleo my body has shown significant health improvements. (Time for earmuffs, guys.) Most notably, I have suffered with endometriosis for all of my adult life. In addition to all the dbilitating pain that comes with, my menstrual cycles have been few and far between, on average once or twice a year. Up until this July, I had gone 18 months without. My body has had a full cycle again this month. I started cutting the grains out of my diet in June. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few months may bring.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I was a vegetarian most of my late teens and my 20's. My early adventures in vegetarianism, I would now define as a junk food vegetarian. In my later years, I did pay much more attention to what was on my plate. Regardless, the few months that I have been following paleo my body has shown significant health improvements. (Time for earmuffs, guys.) Most notably, I have suffered with endometriosis for all of my adult life. In addition to all the dbilitating pain that comes with, my menstrual cycles have been few and far between, on average once or twice a year. Up until this July, I had gone 18 months without. My body has had a full cycle again this month. I started cutting the grains out of my diet in June. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few months may bring.

Thanks for sharing. Most of my opinions against veganism, and lesser so vegetarianism, comes from my own brief experience with avoiding meat and from reading many, many, many testimonies from people like yourself who damaged their health. Many people had irreversible damage if they were vegan for many years. I sure wish that vegans/vegetarians would consider the experiences of other vegans, both pro and con, before they commit to the lifestyle. (I also can't personally follow the logic that eating one form of life is more ethical than eating another form of life....)