Ready - Set- GO!

Options
TC4IOWASTATE
TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
Excited to find the group set up. I am so ready to start fresh this September. Perfect timing as I am joining the YMCA this Friday to try to change up my weight loss and mindset.

Thanks for starting the group and inviting us to join you.

Replies

• snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm excited too! Have been needing to get into this mindset for ages. What do you think about posting our weights once at the beginning and then again at the end?
  • linjnew
    linjnew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the beginning and end posting, I just started back with myfitnesspal and am hoping to lose 40 lbs in one year. I am 59 years old, so it takes a little longer for these things to happen. Keep in touch and keep me motivated. Excited to be here, I am walking again after about 9 months, already feel better. Where did you get the graphic at the bottom of your post, I would like to do the same
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hey all. Looking to get restarted. I have lost a great of fitness..don't know about weight, haven't dared weigh myself. I used to live in the PNW and moved to NC. I am in the throes of adjusting and am a very goal oriented person. I would like to lose about 14 pounds and get my fitness routine back. So I did go for a run this AM and thought I was going to die...but it's a start. Thanks for starting this group.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Sarah, aged 44 from the UK and I need to get back into being more disciplined. I've recently gained rather than lost weight and want to get back on track. Hopefully this group will be just what I need to help me do this!

My starting weight is 182lbs.

Good luck everyone.

:flowerforyou:
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes! Just what I need. Starting WT 190 lbs this morning. Not happy about this at all. I was at 179 just 6 weeks ago grrrr. To much hot summer cold drinks and not enough outside jog/running but with a heat index of 112 degree here in the Tampa Bay area just did not have it in me. Even the nights are hot. So September is a new start. I need to focus back on my WHY to stay healthy.

I want to be a road runner when I am 90 yrs old
    I want to be fit because it is so much more fun to live fit.
    I want to be an example for my kids to keep moving as they age.

Let's do it :)

Patsy
  • karencymru
    karencymru Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have been on track in August, doing lots of walking outside and sticking to food plan but worried about September and beyond as autumn sets in . Looking forward to next month now!
  • sissy848
    sissy848 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am so ready to start over that this is the perfect group!
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice, I definitely need to refocus. I started eating healthy again a couple of days ago. Should we check in everyday and post something? Whether it is a weight loss, inches lost, healthy meals, or other NSVs. It's just 30 days right?

Current starting weight is 164 my goal weight for September is 156, about 2lbs a week but if I can get to 159, that will be a win as well. :smile:
  • snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Let's all try and check in each day, even if it's just to say hi and stay focused. Looking forwards to a stunningly successful September!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello all..... My name is Jen / 39 yrs old / Lost 75lbs about 15 yrs ago and have gained 15 lbs back over the years.

As of right now - I'm IN DESPERATE NEED OF A "REBOOT"/ "RESTART" BUTTON!! :bigsmile: I'm totally into and motivated to exercise... I just started a Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire hybrid schedule and I :heart: it!!! So the exercise department.....I GOT THAT!

EATING.... is my prob. I'm struggling with making more good choices than not! But after this holiday weekend I'M PUMPED TO get in gear!

Looking forward to getting motivated and helping motivate others!!
  • RunMamaMaya
    RunMamaMaya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I could really use a group like this to keep me motivated and accountable. :smile:
  • Lwwalker3
    Lwwalker3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting this group! Being accountable to others is powerful motivation and I am glad to be in good company!
    Will post my beginning weight tomorrow AM!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Randi. I am 36 and married with a 10 year old daughter. I love being outside but I've gotten so big I can't comfortably do anything outside. I am at my biggest ever. 4 year ago I started on MFP at 235lb and in a year was down to 170. I felt amazing, then... life got in the way and I lost focus of my health. I'm now weighing in at 250lb, my biggest ever. I'm glad to have this group to get a jump start on being healthy again.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    From the end of December when I started until about the end of May, things were going so well! Then I started to lose focus and my emotional eating started to creep up again. I struggle with depression and it has been a really tough summer as far as that goes.

So now, I'm ready to start over! I have Insanity coming so I'll be starting that on Sunday. I set new goals for myself, and am excited to get going.

Thanks for starting the group and good luck to all of you! :flowerforyou:
  • reneekise
    reneekise Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey Groupies! I am excited for this group - I did pretty good this summer, but it's harder for me to focus during the summer months. Fall is coming and this is a perfect time to get back into the groove!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm Megan, age 35. A few months ago I started lifting and love it and have had no issues sticking with working out. My problem in the last few weeks (and throughout any weight loss endeavor) has been food- no willpower and giving up far too easily. I'd love to support and be supported with a 30 day mini-goal, taking one day at a time. Thanks for the start up!
  • suitra
    suitra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So excited for this group! September is one of my favorite months and I'm excited to get back on track. :)
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    we can do it!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    we can do it!

What Claire said!:flowerforyou:
  • blessing378
    Options
    I have been on this journey so many times and this year I really want to put in a real effort to do something before the end of the year.
    I have been doing ok for the month of August but September will be a great start to give it my all.