new to the group

Options
kathyt08069
kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
Hi Everyone, I am a lady over 50 looking to give and receive support. I just returned from vacation where I ate too much and gained back a few of the pounds I had lost. I need some help getting back on track. Please add me as a friend if you can help.

Replies

• AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kathy...
    There really are some terrific ladies here in this group....
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Like Ann says, the ladies here are a wonderful bunch. :happy:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Kathy.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    Kathy welcome!
  • ckayboroughs
    Options
    I am also new - just joined today. Committed to making this work; don't want to pay for Weight Watchers. How do I find easy meal plans on the internet that would fit my daily calorie goal... or does MFP have an area that shows meal plans? thanks!
  • marilyn07
    marilyn07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would love to join your group. Need the motivation and camaraderie on this weight loss journey. Been a member of MFP for a long time with lots of ups & downs. REALLY sticking to it this time! I have been eating right and logging everything for the past 6 weeks. I also purchased a Fitbit Flex and walk 5 miles every morning and do water aerobic walking most afternoons. I lose weight really slow due in part to hypothyroidism, but "slow and sure" works too.
    Just came from my annual physical and was down 12 lbs. and all my blood work numbers were very good--cholesterol testing numbers dropped significantly. I am over the moon. My total cholesterol and LDL could each come down a little more. But I am motivated by numbers and reaching goals that are attainable.
    Look forward to getting to know each of you better.

Marilyn
  • isastephanie
    isastephanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm Stephanie. I'm 54. I have a goal to lose weight and get fit. I'm hoping to find some accountability buddies to support and be supported by. Please feel free to send me a friend request!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Welcome Everyone! It is nice to have new people!
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very nice to have new people. Tip: if you add the ladies you see in here their posts will appear on your wall so you can keep up with this group.
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    Hello, I would love to be a part of this group. A little about me?? I'm a 52 year old mother of two grown women, one son in law, and I have one granddaughter. I'm a wife of 32 years to a man who is my bestest friend and love of my life. I've had a rough year health wise but have beaten it and now I'm getting it back together. I love hiking above all as my form of exercise, I also enjoy Zumba and whenever I get a chance I like to go Geocaching. I found a cache a day in August and it made me feel quite accomplished if I do say so myself. I also like reading, crocheting, and postcrossing as my hobbies. Currently we are renovating a huge old stone house in the country that was built in 1895 and I also work full time during the week so life is pretty busy. Thanks for listening and if you want to be MFP Pals that would be terrific.

Lets-Be-Friends.jpg
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Just started being social today on MFP and was guided towards this group. Looking forward to being motivated and definitely will be a great cheerleader. I am approaching the very dark side of 50 and once again would like to go into my next decade fitter than the last.

:flowerforyou:
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me as a friend!