September Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

September 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Mollie

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    September 2013:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Back after a two month leave, ready to go!

9-1-13.

Jul: 1
    B: 0

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B, May 10B Jun 5B
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I completely fell off the wagon but am determined to get back on it if you all will have me!
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    September 1

Me- 1
    Binge- 0

Let's go!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    September 1

Me- 1
    Binge- 0

trying to beat 19 binge days (August) . previous record 5 binge days.
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation and joining for September. Really need a NEW start again to get back on track!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    9-1-13

BeeSunny 0
    Binge 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I completely fell off the wagon but am determined to get back on it if you all will have me!

I'm with you..we can do this!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sept 1

Me: 1*
    Binge: 0
  • Tatyanakuster
    Options

I'm with you..we can do this!

YES we can!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Options
    Tatyana-1

The Monster-0
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    September 2013

Ed: 0

Binge: 1

I had a pretty bad binge last night (9/1). First one since July 31st. I am feeling confused about it more than anything else. While it was happening it was quite pleasurable, I had forgotten that part of it. It didn't last long and I didn't feel horrible about myself, I mean it wasn't one of those binges where I trashed the kitchen and stained my shirt. I want to tell myself that it was just because I was hungry, but I think that's a lie. I think I know why but not sure. Oh well, on to making today binge free.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Me 1
    Binge 1
  • v6s30
    v6s30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group :)

Me - 0
    Binge - 1

:(

Yesterday was fine until last night.. Something took over me.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2013

Diane - 1
    The Binge - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    September 2013:

Mollie - 1
    The Binge - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've watched this thread for a while now (for previous months) and never joined in because I wasn't sure if it would help me or not. Now, at the start of September, I'm thinking what have I got to lose? So I'm joining in this time.

Cara - 0
    Binge - 2

I'm a competitive bowler and I always count my ratio of marks (closed frames) to open frames at the end of each game. I think I'll do something similar with my goal here - at the end of September, I want my ratio of wins to binges to be at least 2. (For those of you non-math people, that means I need at least 20 non-binge days for this month.)

Thanks for letting me get in on this! If any of you want more support (or have more support to offer), please feel free to friend me! I'm also happy to share numbers so we can text if needed (females only though).
  • Shandra101
    Shandra101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that last night was the end of my almost week long nightly binge trend. Here's to a new start in September!

Me: 1
    Captor : 0
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    9-2-13

Jul: 2
    B: 0

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B, May 10B Jun 5B

Feeling in control.
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    September 2

Me- 2
    Binge- 0

I proudly battled the craving for a second helping of dessert tonight, and managed to instead drink a glass of water! No binge for me!

Ahh... progress. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.