Had a diabetic check up on Thursday...

Options
...it was weird. I have not actually had one, its usually just the blood work. So havin one was weird, especially when the doctor asked to examine my feet. I had blood work done and I have been so anxious for my results. I received an email an hour ago to check my results in my app that's connected to the doctor's office and my A1c level is now at 5.6! I am literally in tears of joy because while last year's 6.3 isn't horrible, 5.6 falls under "normal," and going from 6.3 to 5.6 feels amazing. Cutting back on soda this past month and a half has been great. It's a wonderful feeling knowing I'm doing something good for myself.

Just wanted to share with you all :)

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    00lovely...What a great report! Congratulations on bringing the A1c down and making your health a priority! You should be proud of your efforts. Way to go!
  • Von810
    Von810 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for showing us that it can be done. You've set a good example!
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great news. Well done on taking steps to improve your results. Every good news story is an encouragement to those of us still on the journey. Thanks for sharing.
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent. How wonderful it feels to see your attention to details paying off.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm really hoping these better eating habits and exercise habits will motivate my mom. Hers is always a steady 12.0 and her fasting blood glucose was through the roof the other day- 369! I hope she can do this with me and better her own health. I know we can all do it, the fact that are even on this site trying is a big step :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! What great news!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That is great! I hope this helps motivate your mom - it is hard trying to help out a family member like that.