Say "No" to Late Night Snacking in September

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
Let's see how far we can get in September :wink:.
Feel free to invite friends to join the group and the challenge.

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am back for another run at NO LNS'ing in September, Dewdrop. This is my 3rd SUCCESSFUL day in a row here at MFP...No Late Night Snacking has ALWAYS been KEY to my losing the weight, or NOT gaining :drinker: Thanks for this Forum.

Me: 1

Deb
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey old friends!:flowerforyou:

sorry I've not been around. Thanks for checking up on me Dewdrop. Basically if I'm being healthy I don't eat late but if I'm on a sugar binge I eat late into the evening, some times as I'm walking up the stairs to bed- awful habit!!

I am just about at target weight again (I got there last August and stayed there until April of this year and its taken me about 2 months to get back to where I like to be!) and I am training really hard. Loads of running-I'm in training for another ultra marathon so this week I need to run 26 miles on Friday. I did an Olympic distance triathlon yesterday which was great- a PB. That always feels good :drinker: And I've got another couple of races over the next 10 days.

I will do my best to not snack late (unless its refuelling after a running club evening). Good luck everyone.:drinker:
    I'm about to have my Greek yogurt and my garden grown blackberries then I'll not pick till the morning. Horlicks is my latest tipple. It's my evening treat. Do you have that I. The States?
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Here I go...

Sept 1

Me: 1*
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    All right! I'm back after a crazy month. This month promises to continue to be awful and stressful at work, but I'm determined not to let it get to me.

Me: 1*
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 2

Me: 2*
  • debilang
    Options

Me: 2

Thanks, Dewdrop, Beeps, Kate, and to all who keep coming back and being accountable. I fell off...but as long as we *start* again! In a hurry now, but WELCOMING those who have joined while I have been away...LamLam...*love* your profile pic....April..also love yours...our children and grandchildren look at us as EXAMPLES of health and fitness!! Grrreat job everyone! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options

LET'S MAKE "FRESH-START SEPTEMBER" AWESOME, ladies!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 3

Me: 3*
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

Thanks, Dewdrop, Beeps, Kate, and to all who keep coming back and being accountable. I fell off...but as long as we *start* again! In a hurry now, but WELCOMING those who have joined while I have been away...LamLam...*love* your profile pic....April..also love yours...our children and grandchildren look at us as EXAMPLES of health and fitness!! Grrreat job everyone! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

Thanks! I borrowed it from a friend who posted it on Instagram and just fell in love with it. It describes my September goals perfectly and gives me the motivation to keep going.
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 3

Made 5 days in a row...Yay! (lol)...after being here over 610 days, and falling off in logging in...I am VERY proud of saying I am getting strong again about my food and exercise...PLUS NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING! That has always been KEY for me...just nice to be back and accountable! One day at a time :drinker:

Lam Lam...glad you have the motivation to NOT LNS...what is the saying? 90% is SHOWING UP...in our case...enjoying the support by reporting everyday (in my case for sure...:happy: ) Grrreat job!

Have a grrreat day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • AprilRenewed
    Options

Thank you! I was admiring your picture too! :)

I am proud to say that despite the stress at work lately, I am winning so far! I'm glad you're back on the wagon! I am too. :)

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 4

Me: 4*
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'll just ignore the first two nights, because I am not prepared to give this up for September yet (as I said at the end of Aug, a bad start can demotivate me). Not giving up mainly because I know how important this is to me.
    Third night worked out great, last night was so-and-so:

Me: 2 - LNS: 0 (start: Sept. 3rd)
  • debilang
    Options
    Me: 4

So far Sooo Good. Congrats Dewdrop, Beeps, Kate, LamLam, and April for ZERO LNS'ing thus far :happy: This is what I shared on my Newsfeed, and wanted my Pals here to read also ... as this Forum is BIG TIME responsible what I shared :flowerforyou:

Sept 1st was the last time I ate processed sugar (Crème Brulee, but still under calorie goal). Also, starting out for the month of September, I decided to limit myself to two iced oatmeal cookies before 7pm so I wouldn't feel deprived of sugar treats (I know, mind games...because I WOULD mindlessly munch a whole package of cookies while watching TV in the past)...HAPPY to report, I was around Apple Pie, and Cheesecake last night, and did NOT indulge (it was after 8pm, my cutoff time for No Late Night Snacking) Sooo, I once again want to THANK YOU, my Pals for providing that EXTRA SUPPORT that has kept me on track! NOT having to deal with the processed Sugar in my body, has given me GREAT Natural ENERGY...and it feels WONDERFUL (big smile) It is only Sept 5, but, last night proved that I could get through the night WITHOUT LNS'ing (big smile)... Have a great day, and as ALWAYS, Hugs and Smiles!!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options

So far Sooo Good. Congrats Dewdrop, Beeps, Kate, LamLam, and April for ZERO LNS'ing thus far :happy: This is what I shared on my Newsfeed, and wanted my Pals here to read also ... as this Forum is BIG TIME responsible what I shared :flowerforyou:

Sept 1st was the last time I ate processed sugar (Crème Brulee, but still under calorie goal). Also, starting out for the month of September, I decided to limit myself to two iced oatmeal cookies before 7pm so I wouldn't feel deprived of sugar treats (I know, mind games...because I WOULD mindlessly munch a whole package of cookies while watching TV in the past)...HAPPY to report, I was around Apple Pie, and Cheesecake last night, and did NOT indulge (it was after 8pm, my cutoff time for No Late Night Snacking) Sooo, I once again want to THANK YOU, my Pals for providing that EXTRA SUPPORT that has kept me on track! NOT having to deal with the processed Sugar in my body, has given me GREAT Natural ENERGY...and it feels WONDERFUL (big smile) It is only Sept 5, but, last night proved that I could get through the night WITHOUT LNS'ing (big smile)... Have a great day, and as ALWAYS, Hugs and Smiles!!

Fantastic! I'm proud of you! That is NOT easy. Was it the "good" apple pie? There's one crust I love and one that I don't...I think the crumbly one I don't like as much. I can't remember. But man...I haven't had a hot slice of apple pie in years...

Okay, now that I'm properly drooling, I will admit that last night was a loss. But...I needed it to be. It was a good night after such a horrible day at work. My husband made an amazing, delicious dinner, and my parents and in-laws came over. They didn't leave until late, and I was starving again and should have just gone to bed but didn't.

*shrug*

LNS: 1*
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 5