Collecting Ideas for Daily Challenges

Options
2»

Replies

• Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Was wondering whether a breakfast challenge would be of use to anyone - from what I see of people's diaries you guys seem pretty down with the whole breakfast thing but I never used to eat breakfast but am forcing myself to do so atm. If others struggle with it maybe it could be a week long challenge? It might just be me though hehe
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How about a daily challenge of getting up from your working area once an hour for 5 minutes.

Taking a quick 5 minute walk hourly will help clear the mind, reduce stress, and keep motivation alive. I think???

:smile:
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a week challenge idea.

If y'all are like me, you have a pantry, freezer, fridge of food but still head to the grocery store each week to buy more! How about we have a pantry challenge?! The rules would be that you use what you currently have in your house, the only exception is that you are allowed to buy fresh vegetables!! We would need to be creative and resourceful and have the potential to save money in the process!!

Thoughts?!

CC
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options

If y'all are like me, you have a pantry, freezer, fridge of food but still head to the grocery store each week to buy more! How about we have a pantry challenge?! The rules would be that you use what you currently have in your house, the only exception is that you are allowed to buy fresh vegetables!! We would need to be creative and resourceful and have the potential to save money in the process!!

Thoughts?!

CC

Great idea!!! Give a week lead in so folks can actually look in freezer and pantry to see what they have on hand, they may be surprised. Love the added benefit of saving $$$.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Ooh CC that is an awesome idea! Unfortunately for me most of my freezer is full of stuff I quit eating three weeks ago when I started here! I've been feeding them to my other half until I run out and then it's crazy new food concoctions for all! Houses and apartments are small where I live unless you're pretty well off so no pantry here but I do have one cupboard though at this point it has already become entirely full of only things I'm allowed anyway. I do love this idea and am sure I could enjoy saving money by only eating this stuff for a week instead of making sure I have a stash for the imminent zombie apocalypse.
  • BoricuaMami5785
    Options

Thoughts?!

CC

What a FANTASTIC idea!!! DEF something that at least should be attempted. :wink:
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Thoughts?!

CC

That's an AWESOME idea...especially because I'm so guilty of it :blushing:
  • bird5027
    bird5027 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great idea CC! I totally have a pantry full of food that should be used. This challenge, I think, would definitely keep my grocery bill down for at least a week... On second thought, I may have to extend this challenge a little longer than a week and save some dough!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Thoughts?!
    That's an AWESOME idea...especially because I'm so guilty of it :blushing:
    Um....I have a bachelor fridge sans the condiment collection. If I were to attempt this challenge I would have to live on rice and frozen Chinese dumplings, because that is all I have in stock.

One of the reasons for this is to force myself to walk to the store everyday. (3km round trip) And you know? Most days it works!
    CC
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Haha well it's such a great idea I'm sure we could make it work for most people - for example if you have looooads of rice in there, all you're allowed is veg and meat - no carbs?! I will definitely be eating a TON of delicious garlic if this one works out as I always have so much. Any recipe that calls for 3 cloves I'll have 9! Yes, bad breath. But I'm English so bad teeth so it all kind of fits ;P
  • cc11395
    Options
    You are crazy with your Brit jokes! I bet you are adorable!

Have you ever had Adobo? Uses tons of garlic (and so delish)! If y'all want a recipe, let me know. Can make it health friendly!

CC
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    No I haven't! When you have some spare time bung it in the 'what are you eating' thread and I'll get to making that badboy. Mmm, craving garlic now. But must wait 8 hours for my slow cooker curry! Nooo!
  • cc11395
    Options
    Another challenge idea...eat a different fruit or veggie each day of the week! Could expand some horizons...and get some of us out of eating the same thing ruts!

I didn't forget about the Adobo recipe...I just gotta take more time and post it!

CC
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a different fruit or veggie each day, but I think we should go a step further and have a color coded fruit or veggie for the day. Like Monday: Eat a green fruit or veggie, Tuesday: Eat a red fruit or veggie, Wednesday: Eat a orange fruit or veggie, Thursday: Eat a purple fruit or veggie, Friday: Eat a yellow fruit or veggie..... IDK, just a thought :wink:
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Another challenge idea...eat a different fruit or veggie each day of the week! Could expand some horizons...and get some of us out of eating the same thing ruts!

I didn't forget about the Adobo recipe...I just gotta take more time and post it!

I like the idea of a different fruit or veggie each day, but I think we should go a step further and have a color coded fruit or veggie for the day. Like Monday: Eat a green fruit or veggie, Tuesday: Eat a red fruit or veggie, Wednesday: Eat a orange fruit or veggie, Thursday: Eat a purple fruit or veggie, Friday: Eat a yellow fruit or veggie..... IDK, just a thought :wink:

I love this idea! Colour coding would mean getting some fun variety. I mean, I eat a ton of cucumber, usually about 1 a day, but mixing it up on purpose for a challenge would be fun. I like fun :)
  • Carysta
    Options

Thoughts?!

CC

I think this is a great idea, I do this once in a while anyway both for my budget and to make sure I am rotating out older stuff regularly. It's also fun to figure out what you can make that's healthy from random-freezer-excavations and back-pantry-tins.
  • Carysta
    Options
    Unfortunately for me most of my freezer is full of stuff I quit eating three weeks ago when I started here! I've been feeding them to my other half until I run out and then it's crazy new food concoctions for all!

I live alone, so when I started my journey, which is wheatless, my mom benefitted from a whole bunch of half-open boxes of pasta, frozen bread, and stuff. (Also gave a bunch of the dry goods that were still sealed to the food bank). I didn't have anyone else to feed them to LOL
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have an idea for a week long challenge... Eating dinner at least 2 hours before you go to bed. I have noticed that personally I lose more weight when I give myself proper time to digest my food before bed.... Just a thought :wink:
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    A little late, but advent calendar challenge? Each day a random exercise - 1 pushup, 2 situps, 3 star jumps etc xD
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I was just poking around in old discussions and found the idea for an advent calendar challenge. Love it!