Starting body revolution tomorrow!! Calories??

Options
Hello everyone:) I'm starting body rev tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone followed the plan she gives? If not how many calories did you eat? 1200 seems kinda low and I'm scared ill have no results with that!

Replies

• vihajanelle
    vihajanelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm starting tomorrow as well. If 1200 calories seems to
    low, just stick with the recommendations from MyFitnessPal.
    Good luck!
  • makaylasmommy23
    Options
    Thank you! I'll do that :)
  • cmh7770
    cmh7770 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did 2 and 1/2 months of jillian while eating ONLY 1200 calories and not eating back some of the exercise calories and, honestly, I looked great but started to feel like garbage. JMBR is an excellent program but I think she needs to address the issues of adding calories while exercising at that pace. I love this program , however, just learned about what my BMR is, my TDEE is and that I should be eating around 1500 calories a day just to survive. At 1200 PLUS all the workouts, my hair was thinning, my skin looked crappy and I was cranky, hungry and exhausted. Now, Jillians recipes are awesome! Delicious and wholesome and healthy. Just make sure you don't do the 1200 for too long. I lost around 12 lbs and then stalled. Now, put on 5 while increased my calories but i can actually feel my body coming back to life and starting to lose again. whatever you do: DO NOT CUT OUT THE COMPLEX CARBS THAT JILLIAN HAS IN THIS PROGRAM.. They are there for a reason. Do this program..its a good one, just be smart about the 1200 calorie thing and just do that for a short period of time to jumpstart your weight loss.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1400 calories. I changed My Fitness Pal under goals to 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. I do not eat back exercise calories, I try to eat 1400 period. I cannot function on 1200 calories. I lost 3.5 lbs in 5 days last week. I have to supplement with protein powder to get calories and protein without the carbs and fat.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did 2 and 1/2 months of jillian while eating ONLY 1200 calories and not eating back some of the exercise calories and, honestly, I looked great but started to feel like garbage. JMBR is an excellent program but I think she needs to address the issues of adding calories while exercising at that pace. I love this program , however, just learned about what my BMR is, my TDEE is and that I should be eating around 1500 calories a day just to survive. At 1200 PLUS all the workouts, my hair was thinning, my skin looked crappy and I was cranky, hungry and exhausted. Now, Jillians recipes are awesome! Delicious and wholesome and healthy. Just make sure you don't do the 1200 for too long. I lost around 12 lbs and then stalled. Now, put on 5 while increased my calories but i can actually feel my body coming back to life and starting to lose again. whatever you do: DO NOT CUT OUT THE COMPLEX CARBS THAT JILLIAN HAS IN THIS PROGRAM.. They are there for a reason. Do this program..its a good one, just be smart about the 1200 calorie thing and just do that for a short period of time to jumpstart your weight loss.

OMG this was exactly my experience. I was losing well, but I started to have no energy to workout, I was cranky and dragging myself around. I am going to started up another round soon, and I will likely be doing 1400-1500 calories. I am in the last ten pounds range, and even Jillian had admitted that your body will fight you at that stage, and too few cals will work against you.
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am starting as well tomorrow and since I had a DS malabsorptive type gastric bypass over 10 years ago which requires me to eat high protien high fat and low carbs, I guestimated 3000 calories to get the amount of grams of protein, fats and carbs I need for my body. I am 5' 8" tall and now weigh 232 down from 400. BUT, this is just me due to my type of gastric bypass which is the most aggressive one they do on super super morbidly obese individuals.

We will see how my weight loss goes :)
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

i am stating phase 2 on monday. I started with 1200 cal, but after a week i was so tired, only thing i did was sleep and i didnt want to do anything. so i found my bmr and tdee and since then i am eating 1500 cal. i lost 10 cm total on the last measuring (a week ago), but again i am in a healthy range and i dont have too much to lose.
  • makaylasmommy23
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've been eating between 1350-1500 and I'm doing really well so far! Almost done week one .
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do not follow her meal plan but I follow MVP's recommendation of netting 1200 calories for 1.5 lb a week lose and do eat back my calories (I try to go at least 50 under in case I am off on something). I feel fine and starting week 4 today with a 5.4 lbs weight loss. I have also had a day or two a week where I go over. I could not imagine staying at 1200. Sunday's are rough because I usually take off and stick to the 1200.
  • Ashley5201
    Ashley5201 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. I started following her plan exactly and could not do it! learned that my TDEE requires me to eat over 1400. Feel so much better. I'm on week three and have a 6 pound loss so far. Very happy with the program. Also, just to help on your journey, I found protein powder with a good carb to protein ratio called Body Fortress. helping a lot!
  • sgaindx
    sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Where can I find my TDEE? And what is that exactly?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
  • sgaindx
    sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thank you