Need advice

Options
13»

Replies

• raige123
    Options
    Even today he is still texting trying to see me. I tried to be nice about it ... but today put my foot down and was kind of harsh. His response? "I knew I didn't stand a chance" ... ugh ... how many different ways can you tell someone "I'm not interested" before they get it! :huh:

It is time to block him.

I don't think you can block txt's.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think you are desperate to be in a realtionship but only want it with guys that don't want you. Have you actually taken time to learn who you are without a guy in your life or do you just hop out of one relationship to another?

This post was really harsh, and unnecessary. God forbid a member of the 'Single Peeps' group wants to discuss her experiences as a single woman in the modern dating world in a forum designated for such activities. If you don't like Raige's posts, don't read them.

Personally, it's sentimentalities like this that have caused me to have a really sour taste in my mouth for this group. You all are exceptionally judgmental of anyone who posts here, but rarely bother to offer up any experiences of your own for which we could all judge in turn.

While I really do think this group suffers from an overall case of being too judgmental of people whose views fall outside of the group's "norms" I also think it would be smart for someone who seems to have a string of bad relationships to really take a break and focus on who she is and what she wants from life.

When I hated myself, I seemed to attract mostly jerks.

Fast forward 2 years: Last time I went on Match I attracted mostly decent guys. They weren't right for me, but they weren't all jerks either. What changed? My level of self contentment and my happiness.. And 15 pounds. I used to think it was the updated pictures with 15 pounds lighter that made the difference, but now I think it's actually the improved confidence and happiness that showed through in the pics.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Even today he is still texting trying to see me. I tried to be nice about it ... but today put my foot down and was kind of harsh. His response? "I knew I didn't stand a chance" ... ugh ... how many different ways can you tell someone "I'm not interested" before they get it! :huh:

It is time to block him.

Pretty sure you can call your phone company and have them block a number entirely from your phone!

But if you can't maybe that is a sign that you need to be more discerning with who gets your number.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

It is time to block him.

Pretty sure you can call your phone company and have them block a number entirely from your phone!

But if you can't maybe that is a sign that you need to be more discerning with who gets your number.

I think Canada is different... but I could be wrong, since I have never tried...
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I think you are desperate to be in a realtionship but only want it with guys that don't want you. Have you actually taken time to learn who you are without a guy in your life or do you just hop out of one relationship to another?

This post was really harsh, and unnecessary. God forbid a member of the 'Single Peeps' group wants to discuss her experiences as a single woman in the modern dating world in a forum designated for such activities. If you don't like Raige's posts, don't read them.

Personally, it's sentimentalities like this that have caused me to have a really sour taste in my mouth for this group. You all are exceptionally judgmental of anyone who posts here, but rarely bother to offer up any experiences of your own for which we could all judge in turn.

While I really do think this group suffers from an overall case of being too judgmental of people whose views fall outside of the group's "norms" I also think it would be smart for someone who seems to have a string of bad relationships to really take a break and focus on who she is and what she wants from life.

When I hated myself, I seemed to attract mostly jerks.

Fast forward 2 years: Last time I went on Match I attracted mostly decent guys. They weren't right for me, but they weren't all jerks either. What changed? My level of self contentment and my happiness.. And 15 pounds. I used to think it was the updated pictures with 15 pounds lighter that made the difference, but now I think it's actually the improved confidence and happiness that showed through in the pics.

Agreed 100%