Started Cycle 1 - Ominicentric Yesterday

Options
Divajj914
Divajj914 Posts: 29 Member
Hey there, not sure if this is a dead group or not but I began Omni Meta yesterday... VERY sore and I am excited to begin! I do have knee problems but I am going to switch off the dance cardio with the Treadmill dancing until my rebounder comes! :-) Yay!

Replies

• JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Yes, many of us alternate/incorporate/sub other cardio... DC can be hard on the knees!
    I have her mini tramp and workout but it's in the garage and most days it's too blazing hot to do it.

Best of luck on your journey... Let us know how your doing!
    ~j
  • Divajj914
    Options
    thanks! So far... this is working out for me! The muscular section on your hands and knees for a whopping 18 minutes is rough because quite frankly, I don't have the arm strength to hold myself up but... I'm focused and determined and I feel good, which is half the battle!
  • JRadd14
    Options
    It def gets better. It was rough the first week... and then even more challenging starting Day 11, but I loved Days 21-30...
    I also couldn't get through all the leg work... most days I still can't, but I'm getting a great workout and seeing results and that's what counts!

What are you doing for cardio?
  • mizbaldwin
    Options
    I'm now on Cycle 4 of Omni Meta and it's definitely gotten me to the wall at this point so I started switching out the dance cardio for my exercise bike and 2 days a week I go to a deep water fitness class instead. I may lose on the toning structure but I just need a bit of a break from joint pressure. It's really helped me keep going. Best of luck! :)
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!!! It's so good to see more and more people around loving TAM. I have to say that I hardly ever do any other workouts... I love my TAM time!!

I'm not doing much cardio, other than 10 minutes here and there after my MS workout. I do add more moves on all-fours. I'm currently adding a very cool clip from Shape magazine that some amazing TAM fan extended to a full 30 reps per move, both legs. I'm currently doing 1.1.1 level 2 hip continuity, but I'm alternating hip, omni and glute
  • Divajj914
    Options
    I'm doing Treadmill Dancing, Dance Cardio and the rebounder. I need more variety than just Dance Cardio... I hate that DVD!
  • sillymac
    sillymac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the worst at dancing, but it really helped when I started playing the music I like (and homealone). At first it was so hard on my knees but after a week I can't tell what happened, I think my legs started to feel lighter and responding me!
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Using your own music is key... I just play her voice sometimes for cues, or a just dinner the volume all the way down and play my own playlist. I enjoy it so much more.

Good shoes are key... a couple people have recommended different shoes for good support/stability. You can see in Tracy's videos she is often wearing the Nike Shox (sp?). Also, shoes lose support over time and need to be replaced.

Touch and tap if needed, don't get hung up on every move (it gets easier), if you miss some steps just dance around until you can jump back in, and have fun!