Challenge for September 2013

Options
KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
I think amisnercpa said he'd be on the road today, so I'll do the honors. What do you want to accomplish this month? Think of a few goals you want to reach by the end of September, and challenge yourself to GET'R DONE!

Replies

• waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mine is to stay focused on my goal. got a ways to go but everyday is a learning experience.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This month will just be a challenge to keep pace with the last few months. Summer is over and the schedule is a bit more busy. I've been working out with my son, and now that he's started back to (high) school, homework has put a kink in our afternoon schedule. I've signed up for a couple bowling leagues. AND... football season is getting underway.... I may have to start getting up early on Sunday mornings for some exercise... Hmmm.

I want to continue:
    - 4x/weekly workouts with free weights.
    - 3-4x/weekly brisk walks, for 60 miles
    - *Lose 4-5 pounds

*Note that I really don't know what weight I want to get to. If I get to 180 and my love handles are gone, I'm good. I think it's going to be closer to 175 though.

-Kevin
    SW - 247
    GW - 175-180
    CW - 185.4
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    August was pretty successful ! I'm now within striking distance to get under 200lbs for the first time in 16 years...

My goal is to get down to 199 by Sep 30th

SW: 240
    CW: 204
    GW: 185
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a slightly different spin on my goals this month:
    - At least 16 strength training sessions
    - At least 9 sprinting sessions (HIIT)
    - At least 15,000 calories from other cardio activities (walking, running, elliptical, etc.)
    - Correct my front squat form.
    - Pass the NASM CPT exam.
    - Fit into 32w 32i Levi 560's or 550's (currently 33w 32i).
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Glad I stumbled on this group.

I'm finally getting down enough in weight to be making strides on exercise.

For September I want to be below 320 lbs. ( @ 10 lb loss)

Gym use - minimum 4 times per week, including two lifting sessions per if I've healed enough for the doctor to approve lifting again.

Weekends - Continue outside walks/hikes, longer distance goals. By end of September, 2.5 mi per session.
  • grewmullins
    grewmullins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Goals for September:

- drop below 200 lbs
    - get to a 40 inch waist
    - hit the gym a minimum of three times each week

SW 210
    CW 210
    GW. 180
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    For September

- get prepped for my new job that starts on 9/30
    - start Fat Loss 1 phase of New Rules of Lifting, complete 3 full weeks
    - maintain rigor of food and eating for September
    - walk at least 5 miles a week
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    September goals:

1. Lose 6 lbs. Goal weight for Sept., 217 lbs.
    2. Strength training 3 days or 90 minutes per week.

Height: 6' 2"
    SW 245
    CW 223
    GW 210
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Goals for September:

* Lose 9 pounds. Get down to 230 lbs.
    * Average over 15,000 steps per day on my Fitbit
    * 12 strength training sessions (at least 30 minutes)
    * Fully log my food / activities on MFP every day

SW: 265
    CW: 239
    GW: 199
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I got off to a slow start, so I'm a little behind the curve on many of these.

- At least 16 strength training sessions - Three so far, but I can say I made each of them really count. Good sessions.

- At least 9 sprinting sessions (HIIT) - I loath these, but have managed to get two in. A little behind where I should be, but not too bad.

- At least 15,000 calories from other cardio activities (walking, running, elliptical, etc.) I'm at 4830, about right on target. Going to San Francisco next week, so I'll get some hills in to rev up my calories burned.

- Correct my front squat form - I have improved, but still don't feel comfortable doing these. Either my wrist is in pain, or my trachea is being crushed.

- Pass the NASM CPT exam - I got my CPR/AED certification (which is a prerequisite for taking the exam). I will probably schedule the test for the 27th.

- Fit into 32w 32i Levi 560's or 550's (currently 33w 32i) - Bought a pair of 32w 550's. I can get them on but they look bad (muffin top).

How are you guys doing?
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For September - Add one day of just heavy lifting to go with my Crossfit 3 times a week.

Walk with my kids for 1 hour 3x a week

Get 5 lbs closer to goal
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    I want to be a survivor at the 5k zombie mud run in San Bernardino on the 28th! Runforyourlives.com

SW: 310
    GW: 220
    CW: 240
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Oh, and I also want to win the weight loss pool at work and earn $241. Gonna get it!
  • clownfear_7
    Options
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Hi guys. Glad I stumbled on this group.

I'm finally getting down enough in weight to be making strides on exercise.

For September I want to be below 320 lbs. ( @ 10 lb loss)

Gym use - minimum 4 times per week, including two lifting sessions per if I've healed enough for the doctor to approve lifting again.

Weekends - Continue outside walks/hikes, longer distance goals. By end of September, 2.5 mi per session.

You will make your goal, I'm sure! Please report back at the end of the month when you have done it.
    I have been where you are at and I know the struggle of wanting to exercise, but the body not really allowing me the range that I felt that I could do. IT WILL COME! Just keep plugging away at it.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    September goals:

1. Lose 6 lbs. Goal weight for Sept., 217 lbs.
    2. Strength training 3 days or 90 minutes per week.

Height: 6' 2"
    SW 245
    CW 223
    GW 210

1. Lost 3 lbs since the beginning of the month. Down to 220.
    2. Still falling short on 3 workouts per week, but it's a new week.
  • jasonmva
    Options
    Posting these a little late but here they are:

1) Would like to get to 210 by 9/30
    2) Stop being intimidated by the weight machines and take 1 of my 3-4 days at the gym and start weight training
    3) Try on (but not buy yet) a 36" waist pair of jeans

SW: 247
    CW: 217.7
    GW: 185-190
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Amis... on your test- Pass the NASM CPT exam - I got my CPR/AED certification (which is a prerequisite for taking the exam). I will probably schedule the test for the 27th.

Pulled a groin muscle early in the month missed 3 days of working out. Been sick this week missed 4 more days of working out. On the brighter side my appetite has been lessened so the weight loss is going well. Not sure if it will bounce back up but I'm under 202lbs now.
  • jasonmva
    Options
    1 goal completed. I tried on a 36" pair of jeans yesterday and they fit! I haven't been a 36 in at least 16 years
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 goal completed. I tried on a 36" pair of jeans yesterday and they fit! I haven't been a 36 in at least 16 years

CONGRATS !! Great job !