Options

I've been lied to my whole life??!! :sad:

good thing I squat regularly.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

I've been lied to my whole life??!! :sad:

good thing I squat regularly.
    My whole life has been turned upside down!

f25.gif
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Can't look at the link at work, but I'm also told they help you hold off orgasm longer. Certainly the case for men (I can testify from personal experience) which can be a very good thing.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am glad to know I am normal!
  • lnicks1
    lnicks1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i am one of two at my box that this happens to. I practically scream when I shower after the WOD. I have tried a towel, powder, nothing works. I was told I tend to "rock' when I do ab mat sit ups. I cant seem to correct it. So, for now I suffer through it.
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have done kegels, correctly, many times throughout the years. It may help with things like sneezing, but does nothing to help with different WOD exercises. I have recently been upping my weights for certain lifts and have been having leakage issues with those now. I just pad up and shower.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options

Since we're well into TMI-land, I'd like to ask if you apply as much diligence to your Kegel training as you do to your lifting/strength training. Like, do you "hold" the Kegel for a set amount of time, release, repeat; or is it more a rapid pace? I wet the bed at a young age until I was no longer that young of an age, and Kegels were one of the things I had to learn to do to get better about it. They actually had a routine like -- hold the Kegel for about 10-15 seconds, release and rest about 10-15 seconds, repeat for 10 sets.

elite athlete training tip from me:
    use a menstrual cup if your kegel muscles are weak!
    That will help allot, but you still have to work them.

If you queef allot, you are in the need to BREAK that habit and focus on lower abs sucking in and up, NOT vag muscles, to support the pelvic girdle. loose vag muscles are a sign of future ab and lower back woes. Try to find a good yoga class that will teach you how to lift your ab wall AND kegel in your postures. Be sure that your GYN checks for a hernia at the next visit! That may be a hernia and can be sewn up (kinda like a micro tummy tuck internally).

happy training!

- coach teresa
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So where does one find Glide?

You should be able to find it at any major sports store or running store. Where I live Sports Academy, ****s, and all the running stores carry Glide or some form of it.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

If you queef allot, you are in the need to BREAK that habit and focus on lower abs sucking in and up, NOT vag muscles, to support the pelvic girdle. loose vag muscles are a sign of future ab and lower back woes. Try to find a good yoga class that will teach you how to lift your ab wall AND kegel in your postures. Be sure that your GYN checks for a hernia at the next visit! That may be a hernia and can be sewn up (kinda like a micro tummy tuck internally).

happy training!

- coach teresa

And what exactly qualifies as a lot as it only happens occasionally when my body is inverted and I am kipping into a handstand pushup, but no other time?
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Kip queefs and chalk farts. Who knew?! I've learned a lot today. I have experienced babboon *kitten* once awhile back from doing a wicked number of situps at a different crossfit location. That was no fun at all and was before I knew about the abmats. Since using those, I haven't had to worry about being mistaken for the south end of a northbound babboon.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    less back and forth movement when you are doing the sit up helps - so make sure you keep your legs bent in tight to your butt during the sit up. You'll also notice by doing this you can speed up your sit up.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options

And what exactly qualifies as a lot as it only happens occasionally when my body is inverted and I am kipping into a handstand pushup, but no other time?

oh, then it's your technique you are using to get into the handstand. retrain. That kind of power should be left in the bedroom..... I think kundalini yoga addresses invert problems / strengthening lol. But I'm not that kind of yogini.

seriously. Imagine a gymnast with this problem, she won't last long in the sport at all! You've got to retrain yourself to not have that problem. It can be a habit that can broken with practice