ampherz's Fresh Start September

Options
ampherz
ampherz Posts: 55 Member
SW: 155 lbs
CW: 150.6 lbs (Sept. 1)
GW: 144 lbs
UGW: 130 lbs

I've yo-yo-ed up and down from my ultimate high weight of 150. In February I was feeling amazing at 137 lbs.

I plan to eat as clean as possible (veggies, fruits, beans, half of any hamburgers I give in to) and keep on track with Insanity (currently week 2). I skip more workouts than Shaun T says to because life gets in the way, but I'm still doing great at 3-4 workouts a week.

Replies

• ampherz
    Options
    So we're officially on Day 3 now.

On Sunday (Sept. 1) I hiked/walked about 2 miles in 90 degree heat.
    Sept. 2 I completed Day 9 of Insanity and felt pretty great. I also mowed half the lawn.
    Tonight (Sept. 3) I've got a late meeting, so no workout. I have planned my workouts for the rest of the week though!

I can do better on food. I keep eating too much because we're having something exciting like scallops or exotic mushrooms. Leftovers are my friend! If my bf eats all of something, so be it. I need to sub in yogurt and smoothies when he goes for the ice cream. Otherwise, keep on with the healthy snacks like celery/yogurt, hummus/carrots, popcorn, and fresh fruit.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with good food like scallops and exotic mushrooms. It's all about portion control! It's a hard habit to teach ourselves.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I totally understand "life gets in the way"! It really upsets me when things don't go as planned. Good luck and smooth sailing (in life).
  • ampherz
    Options
    I totally understand "life gets in the way"! It really upsets me when things don't go as planned. Good luck and smooth sailing (in life).

Thanks, MamaDee2! It's often not even "not as planned," just not ideal. I just started a class on Mondays that means I go to work and don't get home until 10 p.m. And then if I have a late (planned) meeting, that's two workouts a week I'm not able to do.
  • ampherz
    Options
    OK, here's my week 2 check-in.

CSW: 150.6 (Sept. 1)
    CW: 151.2 lbs (Sept. 9)

I've done pretty well. The clean start idea really got me excited to try harder. I even had a day last week when I basically had no lunch to take and usually would have gotten a gyro or grilled cheese but I dug out some PB&J and veggies. My boyfriend is on board, too. I wanted ice cream so badly last night while we were on a long trip, and he wouldn't stop. I ate too much frozen oven-baked pizza last night, but it's been my only true slip.

I'm doing well on workouts, too. I'm now on Insanity Week 3. I did four workouts last week, plus some easy hiking/walking on Saturday. Yay! It looks like I'll be able to get in another four this week.

I'm hoping my slight gain this week is just my clothes or muscle gain or something. I think I look better in the mirror.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yay for a supporting bf! That makes things much easier. I am sure the little gain is muscle. Keep up the good work!
  • ampherz
    Options
    Week 3 FTW

CW: 148.8 lbs (Sept. 16)

It's going well. My waist is reappearing, and I've lost 1.8 lbs since Sept. 1. (My bulging waist was part of how I knew I needed a fresh start!)

Food-wise, I've been making hummus, pushing fruits/veggies over other snacks, and watching my portions. It's going well.

I finished Insanity Week 3 and impressed myself by getting 4-5 workouts in a week. Insanity works! I feel strong and wonderful.
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your last update! Glad it's going we'll for you!
  • ampherz
    Options
    Week 4

CW: 150.1 lbs (Sept. 16)

So it's looking like I'm not going to have a big loss for the month unless I drop 6 lbs this week. But I'm killing the workouts at least. I had some bad days — but I made major progress in moving my workouts to 6 a.m. so I never have an excuse. I guess I'm drinking extra beer or something. Maybe it's time to log calories for a while. My goal for the end of September is now to weigh in below my September all-time low of 148.8.

At least my arms are getting pretty toned. I even impressed my bf with my little biceps.