YES!!! It can be done

mclgo
mclgo Posts: 147 Member
Hello all,
Had a WONDERFUL doctor's appointment yesterday.
I was diagnosed in May, with an A1C of 9, and LDL of 116 - can barely type that without cringing.

Just 4 short months later and my A1C is 6, and LDL is 60!
I've lost over 20 lbs and and down to 250mg of metformin per day. Doc thinks I'll be off it totally in another 3 months.

Here's what works for me:
NO wheat
Mostly vegetables and fruit
Good yogurt
Metamucil once a day
Walking

Areas I still need to improve:
Stepping away from the peanut butter
Stopping at ONE serving of nuts
Getting enough water
Keeping up the walking as our weather grows darker and colder

Best wishes to everyone as we journey toward better health.

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Awesome job in the 4months and I hear ya on stopping after one serving of nuts.. they are just so dog gone good. ha ha. Again, what a great NSV... Hats off to you.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Great progress!! congratulations!!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Excellent progress and not an easy achievement. Congratulations mclgo! Keep up the good work!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Very impressive, especially in such a short amount of time! You've taken this on with common sense and a good plan and it shows! Congratulations on all the positive results you've seen.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    That's awesome! You're an excellent example of what you can do if you set your sights on a goal. Well done.
  • celestep2k1
    celestep2k1 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm so dang proud of you!!!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Great job!
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member

Here's what works for me:
    NO wheat
    Mostly vegetables and fruit
    Good yogurt
    Metamucil once a day
    Walking

Areas I still need to improve:
    Stepping away from the peanut butter
    Stopping at ONE serving of nuts
    Getting enough water
    Keeping up the walking as our weather grows darker and colder

I could have written this, these are almost the exact same steps I took and the same areas I still need to improve. Great job.
  • The walking is great when its miserable outside find a Y or mall or just large superstore and just walk I walked for 2 hrs yesterday without even being bored.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    You are amazing! Congrats to you!

Umm... ditto the PB BTW :)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Wow! That is so good! And nuts are my new down fall. I think I exchanged them for other sweets! Recently, I have been making my own peanut butter. Just a bit of coconut oil and roasted unsalted peanuts. Put in a blender. No sugars but natural. The funny thing is its good! Really good! So now I hope I didn't create a monster! LOL! But since it takes nuts, I do not buy many at a time. Also since it has no preservatives I don't make a lot at one time. Then since I have so little in storage I eat it slowly. LOL! Maybe that will help you to have a bit of your treat and still keep good numbers! Thanks for the share!