I did it! Now I just have to keep it up.

Options
May 20th marked 2 years that I have been a diabetic. On Sept 17th, I had a check up, my A1c was 5.1. There was no prescription given for medication. As of the 17th, I am not taking any medication for diabetes!!!! Staying off medication is motivation enough to be healthy.

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been pill free for a couple of months now and it truly is a great motivator!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! I can't wait until my A1C gets that low. You're an inspiration.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it IS a great feeling.:bigsmile:

DM 2 here since May 2012 (6.9% a1c). On 9/13/13 a1c was 5.6%. Was told to stop the Metformin (and also to stop the hypertensives and the 2 meds for cholesterol/lipids). On NO meds now.

And like you, Now I just have to keep it up. May our journey to better health be smooth sailing from now on. :flowerforyou:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Inspired by all of you! I hope I can reach the pill free zone some day myself. Congratulations on the great numbers you're all seeing. Your healthy habits are paying off nicely! Keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wondering how those of you with low A1C's got there? I too have reached that goal and now considered as "NOT DIABETIC"....BUT I know I still have to watch. For me, it was extremely low carbs for a long time. Continue to stay on the low end of the carbs scale, too. What about you? No meds for me since May and my diet has fluctuated during the summer months. Back on track for the most part....but always wondering what other diabetics or former diabetics were doing to get their numbers down. Please reply.
  • nncrcarlayahoo
    Options
    I just have to respond. Awesome1 You really did it. That is where I hope to be in time.
  • nncrcarlayahoo
    Options

DM 2 here since May 2012 (6.9% a1c). On 9/13/13 a1c was 5.6%. Was told to stop the Metformin (and also to stop the hypertensives and the 2 meds for cholesterol/lipids). On NO meds now.

And like you, Now I just have to keep it up. May our journey to better health be smooth sailing from now on. :flowerforyou:
  • nncrcarlayahoo
    Options

I am seeing so many success stories I believe I can do it too.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    whoa! That is great!!