Need some MFP Friends!

Options
Hello! I need some new friends! I need motivation from MFP!

I am doing the KETO diet (low carbs). I weight 164 now and would like to get down to 130. Any suggestions or tips?!

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I just sent you a friend request!!

I'm in the same boat as you...I have absolutely no self-motivation and require people to help me out and kick me in the butt when I don't do what I'm supposed to do. LOL

Let's do this together! :)
  • TheatreLover23
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP. =)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • munchie1023
    munchie1023 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! Lets encourage each other!
  • flurries70
    flurries70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I can encourage you too. My problem is that I loose weight and then get stuck on the last 15 pounds or so, then it creeps back! How do we keep it moving? I am strong willed, but when I give in, it's awful. The 1200 a day isnt' a problem for me, but I can see that you can hardly eat at all to stay under the 1200.
  • Steph_123
    Steph_123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't give suggestions because as vegetarian I eat the opposite of a low carb diet! but I sure can try to give motivation... I'm looking for friends on MFP too, want to go from my current 147ish (scale is broke) to 135 by next May. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • Jackee86
    Jackee86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have also just started Keto! Check out this website for great recipes http://cavemanketo.com/
  • Jackee86
    Jackee86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also need some MFP friends as well :)
  • Elieplo
    Options
    Hey ladies.

Just joined this group, obviously need some friends and support :)

I dont know if it will work for anybody here. But I lost a lot of weight after I startet eating a late meal. 100 grams of chicken or ham at around 8 pm with some veg. I know people always say don't eat before bedtime but it worked on my stubborn weight. Actually my pt's suggestion.

Worth a try ?
  • michybeans
    Options
    Hey ladies.

Just joined this group, obviously need some friends and support :)

I dont know if it will work for anybody here. But I lost a lot of weight after I startet eating a late meal. 100 grams of chicken or ham at around 8 pm with some veg. I know people always say don't eat before bedtime but it worked on my stubborn weight. Actually my pt's suggestion.

Worth a try ?

Hi - well I'm no expert, but this has worked for me too. I work out after work (about 3-4 days a week), which gets me home around 8pm. I make dinner, etc, and by the time everything is done I am eating around 8:45-9pm. I then go to bed around 10:30-11. I have been steadily losing a pound a week, and sometimes 1.5 pounds, for 2 months. :) Of course that dinner is lean protein like chicken or fish, and lots of veggies like carrots, spinach salad, sometimes those little mini potatoes (just a few). Works for me.
  • lauren_lovely7
    lauren_lovely7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I am just starting MFP and am looking for some encouragement groups! I am trying to lose 20 pounds by Christmas!
  • IMarieB
    IMarieB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone :)
  • NataliePerkins2
    Options
    Hi, been using MFP for a couple of weeks, in conjunction with an Outdoor Fitness group I have joined. Would love to find some MFP friends to help me on my journey

Nat
  • lorien22
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too so i dont follow the no carb diet either. Keeping the motivation stong is the hard thing for me, especially when the PMT kicks in.
  • difiore13
    difiore13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well everyone! I am new to the group, trying to do a low carb diet and hoping to lose about 20 lbs.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am switching to clean eating/ paleo-esque type diet in the next few days (because of the focus on whole foods, etc.). Only looking to lose a few more lbs and tone up. I run up to half marathons and do some strength training too. Not a 1200 calorie/ day person! Looking for similar friends :)
  • mirandagarcia750
    mirandagarcia750 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not on any special named diet, but I am trying to eat a lot more fiber and drink a lot more water. I am also really good at supporting people :)