Blender Recommendation

Options
lilahk95
lilahk95 Posts: 81 Member
Hello everyone! I love smoothies but I have an old outdated blender. I'm ready to buy a new one but there's so many to choose from. I’ve been reading reviews online for a couple days and every blender no matter if big, small, inexpensive or overpriced it seems they all have mixed ratings. So when I ran upon this group today, I saw it as a sign. I get to try out some great recipes I never would have thought of on my own…lol. And who better to ask on what blender works best for them than those who are already using it for the exact same purposes as my own. If anyone can share their recommendation of a good one to purchase, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm ready to be a daily smoothie girl! :drinker:

Sincerely,

Eileen

Replies

• AshleyFBerry
    AshleyFBerry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja blender, and it works great. I don't know the specific details though, although I know I paid around $40 on black Friday for it. I think it was like $75 not on sale. It's not an expensive one - but it has blended everything perfectly for me.
  • lilahk95
    Options
    Thank Ashley! I will look into the Ninja. That's not one that I've heard of.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    my old reliable just croaked on me and I also just picked up a NInja, but a huge set it was over 300 bucks but I LOVE it!! it has a magic bullet style attachment for personal smoothies, a pitcher for blending, and one for the food processor feature.
  • lilahk95
    Options
    Thanks Jenn. That's 2 for the Ninja! :smile:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja. I find the blending pretty decent but the lid annoys me. It's got lots of crevices that can be hard to clean under. If you are going to spend the $$, get a Vitamix or a Blendtech.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My vote goes for the NInja also. I have the one with all the extras and it works great. As far as cleaning, if you rinse it as soon as you make your smoothie there is no problem with the cleaning.
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great stats scubagirl319! That's awesome work and dedication. I too started with the Ninja because I didn't know how long or how often I would be drinking smoothies. Turns out I love green smoothies! I now drink a green smoothie for breakfast about 3-4 times a week. Last month, I invested in a Vitamix and there really is a big difference in the quality of the smoothies. I would say consider your ingredients. If you're using basically fruit, ice, milk, yogurt, etc, then the Ninja will be just fine. I didn't really see a need for one until I started adding various seeds, and some of the more difficult vegetables to my smoothies.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Great stats scubagirl319! That's awesome work and dedication. I too started with the Ninja because I didn't know how long or how often I would be drinking smoothies. Turns out I love green smoothies! I now drink a green smoothie for breakfast about 3-4 times a week. Last month, I invested in a Vitamix and there really is a big difference in the quality of the smoothies. I would say consider your ingredients. If you're using basically fruit, ice, milk, yogurt, etc, then the Ninja will be just fine. I didn't really see a need for one until I started adding various seeds, and some of the more difficult vegetables to my smoothies.

I'm dying for a Vitamix. I've had samples while out and about and the difference is pretty big.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I got a refurbished Vita-mix with a five-year warranty for $329 from the Vita-mix website. I use it at least twice a day and have never even remotely regretted the purchase.
  • candacel24
    candacel24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Vitamix!!!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'll put a plug in for the NutriBullet. NOT the cheaper Magic Bullet (both are made by the Magic Bullet company). I've had both and noticed a huge difference in their ability to blend. The gray Nutribullet has a much greater wattage/power than the Magic Bullet, and it pulverizes everything from ice to frozen fruit to chia seeds. I got the Magic Bullet as a gift and returned it, buying the Nutribullet with a 20% off coupon at Bed/Bath/Beyond. Never regretted paying the extra $20 or so to upgrade. What a difference.

I know a number of people love their Magic Bullet, so you'll probably hear that too--which is fine. I think I read somewhere that just over the past 18 months or so, the Magic Bullet now comes with a reduced power, it WAS 350 watts and is now 250. The NutriBullet is like 600. Makes a huge difference.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet, and I love it.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja!
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and a Blendtec. The Blendtec is better, but it's 10x the price, not necessarily 10x better. Long story short, I'd recommend either based on your budget.

I'd just add that if you use a lot of ice or frozen fruits, you can't beat the grunt of the Blendtec. The lights actually dim a bit in the kitchen when I fire that bad boy up! Plus the videos are a hoot, look for "Will It Blend?" on Youtube.
  • robsmithey
    Options
    i started with the Ninja and it worked well. But I freeze fresh fruits. I now have a vitamix and it handles all stages and various types of ingredients for smoothies. I found the best way to clean is place some water in it right after making smoothie and turn it on for a few secs. Cleans & ready to go again.
  • engrdad
    engrdad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just got a Ninja last weekend at Target. I got the 1100 Watts version that came with two single serve glasses as well as big container. It was $149 but they gave me a $15 Target gift card for buying it. My daughter and I also made up a bunch of single serving and put them in ziplock in freezer. Used it all week and no issues with power.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yup, the Ninja is the best. You can get it at Target or Walmart.
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    I got my Ninja from QVC so I got it on Flex Pay AND it's Hot Pink so it's cute and it works great. I would highly recommend it!
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and a Blendtec. The Blendtec is better, but it's 10x the price, not necessarily 10x better. Long story short, I'd recommend either based on your budget.

I'd just add that if you use a lot of ice or frozen fruits, you can't beat the grunt of the Blendtec. The lights actually dim a bit in the kitchen when I fire that bad boy up! Plus the videos are a hoot, look for "Will It Blend?" on Youtube.

Love the "Will It Blend?" videos.

If you want to grind up your smartphone into a fine powder, definitely get a Blendtec.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec and love it! I have had no problems with it, blends everything smoothly. I thought about the Vitamix, but honestly it is just too big to fit under my cupboards and looks too "Industrial". I have heard it's good too, but went for one that I can leave out.
    I have green smoothies several times a week, love my Blendtec!!!!!!!