Can I eat my calories now that I would eat at goal?

Options
Hi all -
I have about a hundred pounds to lose. My question for y'all is:

Looking at my goal weight (200 for now)
Being 5'8" tall and 48 years old(ouch).
Scooby puts my tdee at 1935

Can I just start eating at 1900 cals now and continue that until I reach goal weight?
It would make thing so much easier than recalculating ever 5 lbs.

And that gives me plenty of calories to work with.

Thoughts, Opinions?

Thanks,
Lisa M

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It is a very viable alternative, especially if your exercise and daily life routine are very static and few changes.

Because frankly, if that changes, then your TDEE changes, and your eating level should change.

The other fact is it'll be slower than reasonable deficit method.

Usually only have to recalc every 10 lbs loss, 5 lbs isn't enough calories to make much of a deal usually.

There are many still using it based on this group that was started way back whenever.

The spreadsheet in this Eating For Future You group has a Alternative Method on the Simple Setup tab exactly for this use, and you can see what the difference is in weight loss compared to TDEE Deficit method.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones

Since it's more important to get your estimates as best as possible for this method to even obtain results, suggest you get the stats requested.
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have tried to get this spreadsheet to download. It has locked up a couple of times, then I got it to load (from a saved version on my desktop) and I couldent edit the fields

Not sure what I am doing wrong?
  • heybales
    Options
    Did you save as Excel file, and you have Excel 2007 or newer?
    Well, or whatever version can open an .xlsx version file.

If you have an older version of Excel, there is a link in the online version for converting the saved file to older .xls.

But for sure save to desktop before opening. Don't just try to open.

Unless you have a Google account, in which case just make your own copy in to your Drive.

And remember, if you have an Android phone/tablet, you have a Google account.

Was there a warning at the top if the one you did open that needed to be answered about Editing allowed? That would prevent you from editing the fields.
  • Morgandobes
    Options
    Hi Heybales -
    Thanks for trying, it is still locking up my computer trying to download it and open it.
    It is not giving me the option to do a save as an excel type file, its only giving me the the option
    to save as a web type file..html, etc

So, thanks for trying, I will stick with Scooby's numbers since I have ready access.

I appreciate your response!!

Lisa
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    That's my plan. Weight loss will slllloooooow closer to goal but who cares? By the time you get there you'll have over a year of experience budgeting that figure which is great :)
  • Morgandobes
    Options
    My Thoughts exactly!! And seriously, even at my goal weight allowance of 175, there is NOTHING I cant occasionally have, and I don't need to feel hungry..what a concept!!!

LisaM
  • heybales
    Options
    Hi Heybales -
    Thanks for trying, it is still locking up my computer trying to download it and open it.
    It is not giving me the option to do a save as an excel type file, its only giving me the the option
    to save as a web type file..html, etc

So, thanks for trying, I will stick with Scooby's numbers since I have ready access.

I appreciate your response!!

Lisa

You are going to your web browsers File - Save.

You need to look on the actual web page itself for a File - Save or Make a Copy.

at the top of the web page, which is underneath your bookmarks bar or whatever else you have in your web browser itself, is the name of the spreadsheet - Weight Loss Calculators.
    Right under that is File, Edit, ect, stuff you'd find in a program, because it is, a web based program.