Went to the doctor on Tuesday

Options
marko320
marko320 Posts: 84 Member
It was about 4 months since my last check up. HbA1c blood sugar went down a whole point from 7.2 to 6.2. Blood pressure is lower too. Lost 14lbs on his scale. Left there feeling great about my results, which are difficult to see on a day to day basis.

I did this by keeping bread, pasta, and rice to a minimum. Since I don't care for whole wheat options, I prefer to skip them. I had to do this because my blood sugar was rising even though I don't add sugar to anything.

"One Little Victory"

Replies

• fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    that's great news. well done
  • marko320
    Options
    Thank you.
  • pennyscabin
    pennyscabin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful news!!! My husband was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes about 4 months ago. He stopped eating all sugar immediately. I hope his next test is a s good as yours! I have also given up sugar to get healthy and lose weight. There is no downside to this...
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Marko!
  • marko320
    Options
    Thanks. My dad became type 2 in his 50s. I'm trying to make sure I don't follow the same path, especially since the warning signs are there.

I ate a dinner roll over the weekend and it was a rare treat. I kind of felt guilty, but then I reconciled this by knowing that I used to eat white bread daily.