Introduce Yourself

Options
Use This thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the group by answering the following questions :)

1) Your Name and Where You Live
2) How is your current fitness?
3) What are your fitness goals?
4) Do you have any physical limitations?
5) How is your nutrition?
6) What is your biggest struggle

I'll go first.

1) Andrew, NY
2) Previously non-existent. I currently work out 5 times a week using Les Mills Combat.
3) My current goals are to lose weight and get in better shape (increase endurance). I want to be an example of good health to my children and make sure I am around for them when they have their own kids.
4) No limitations
5) Previously non-existent. Currently I am starting to cut out empty calories and eat more natural foods. I have MFP set to lose 2lbs a week.
6) My biggest struggle is finding the perfect time to workout and doing it when I am not motivated. Sometimes I do not get to start till 1030 at night

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'm currently in week 2 and I'd love to join. I think I'll be beginning week 4 at that time. I'm not sure if that's too far ahead but it might be helpful to have someone who's a bit ahead available to answer questions.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    I'm currently in week 2 and I'd love to join. I think I'll be beginning week 4 at that time. I'm not sure if that's too far ahead but it might be helpful to have someone who's a bit ahead available to answer questions.

absolutely, you might be able to offer some great advice to some of those starting out :) Great to have you.
  • jtogden
    jtogden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1) Your Name and Where You Live - Tommy, Houston, TX
    2) How is your current fitness? - About to start week 5 (Level 3) of 30 day shred
    3) What are your fitness goals? - Lose weight. I have been looking for a program after the 30DS (to continue my morning routine) and I think this one will work well with my schedule. Also, I have a daughter on the way (Due in February) and I too want to be a good role model for fitness.
    4) Do you have any physical limitations? - None
    5) How is your nutrition? - Also on MFP set to lose 2 pounds per week
    6) What is your biggest struggle - Motivation. I seem to get intense about a program for 4 or 6 weeks and then my motivation wanes, falling back into old habits. After 30DS, I want to switch it up but within the confines of a routine.

I may start a week after you all (on the 14th) in order to finish the 30DS I've committed to. But I'll be kicking it with T25 week one on that day. For sure.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Awesome Tommy, great to have you on board :)
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    1) Your Name and Where You Live? : I'm Christina and I live in Connecticut
    2) How is your current fitness? --- I'd say I'm slightly greater than average ;)
    3) What are your fitness goals? --lose about 10-15 pounds
    4) Do you have any physical limitations? -- hmmm, i get shin splints rather easily
    5) How is your nutrition? --on point most of the time. love veggies and mostly healthy foods. I do indulge with control/moderation.
    6) What is your biggest struggle--not taking fitness TOO FAR. I can be a bit too intense.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to join this group! I'm starting on Monday Sept. 30th.

Ontario, Canada

I would say in between intermediate and advanced. I'm currently finishing up Jillian Michaels Ripped In 30. I enjoy lifting, power walking and Pilates but I also play tennis and ice skating season just started up so I try to do that once or twice per week.

To get stronger and increase my plank holding times.

I have to be careful not to aggravate my sciatica. Certain moves involving twisting tend to modify just to play it safe.

My eating habits are really good now. I eat healthy but at the same time I allow myself for treats and relaxed meals once or twice per week. I have a nice balance and I'm never deprived from the things I want, but it took me a long time to learn portion control.

6) What is your biggest struggle?
    To eat more calories. I'm tall, I am very active and I am maintaining so I struggle at times with eating enough at times.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Glad to have you aboard Rainbow :)
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bisera, NJ

Excercise 5/6x per week, so I guess intermediate

Lose weight, get more muscle definition

Knee pains when jumping too much, hence why I'm giving T25 a try. Insanity was too long for me and definitely felt it in my joints and knees

I try to eat as clean as possible, but I will give the T25 nutrition plan a try. I have done P90X & Insanity previously, but I didn't really follow their nutrition plans so I am excited to see how this goes.

Sugar. Really spins me out of control with the food thereafter
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Welcome, glad to have you :). T25 is short and sweet, but intense. Excited to see everyone's results.
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1) Your Name and Where You Live - Melanie from Omaha, NE
    2) How is your current fitness? - This year, not good. Fell far from last year when I was at goal and very athletic.
    3) What are your fitness goals? - To get back into the routine and learn how to find that happy medium and fit fitness in with my family and work schedules.
    4) Do you have any physical limitations? - Technically I am over 25% disabled from my injuries, but I don't let them stop me. I know how to modify, I know what my body can't handle. I have 2 levels fused in my spine with clamps supporting them, 2 yrs in a row I had to have a hernia repair surgery, and I know I have at least one more, but I refuse to have surgery, and I have bad knees that bother me from time to time. Yep, I'm about 80 in a 34 yr old body. LOL
    5) How is your nutrition? - about 75% of my week is great, its the weekends that kill me.
    6) What is your biggest struggle - weekends, we like to go out, movies, dinners, etc, and I don't always make the best choices. Sweets are a killer for me, sets something off in my head and I go crazy the rest of the day it seems.

I am currently in the 2nd week of T25, but I find myself missing a lot of days, when I'm gone from the house from 7-7, then come home to make dinner, help with homework, etc. It's something I'm working on, but I have been consistently getting in 3 days at the gym at my work the last few weeks, so when I miss the cardio day I'm not too upset.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Great to have you Melanie, hopefully we can all support you on those rough weekends and help motivate you to fit those workouts in :)
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1) Mary from Baltimore, MD
    2) Pretty bad lol. Sit at a desk during the day and lay on the sofa at night
    3) lose weight and really start loving myself and how I look naked ; )
    4) just asthma....and laziness
    5) hmmm nutrition.... I eat a lot of chicken, steak and beer. LOL Definitely something to work on!
    6) Being a single mom. Finding time to work out and finding nutritious meals that both my 8 yr old and I like.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Welcome aboard :), beer is one of my weaknesses as well, I try to have one or two a week lol.
  • ElectLadyHope59
    Options
    Hello All, :happy:
    I am on week 1 as of today nervous but willing !!!
    1. Joanie, NC
    2. My current fitness is terrible, Just need some encouragement (NOT!...Just need to stop being lazy…lol):yawn:
    3. My fitness goal is to lose this unwanted weight and be healthy for ME my Husband and my three Sons
    4. I have no physical limitations
    5. It’s okay, Ummmm…. just don’t look at my Diary at the moment :noway:
    6. My biggest struggle is me putting myself first, and focusing on my personal goals in fitness:wink:
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Good to have you Lady Hope :)
  • brodmancr
    Options
    Hello,
    1) Celestia, Ohio
    2) A little above weak, do not work out regulary
    3) Need to tone whole body, and increase energy level
    4) None
    5) Average I would guess...
    6) Finding the motivation and the time to work out, plus I get bored easily so any program I start, I usually stop.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Well hopefully this program will help you find the time since it is only 25 minutes :) Glad to have you on board.
  • WarriorBill65
    WarriorBill65 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1) Your name and where you live. Bill Niles, Mi.
    2) How is your current fitness ? Not as good as last summer ,( been slacking !! ), but still above average for my age.
    3) What are your fitness goals ? Lose a few more pounds, add more muscle, and improve my cardio capacity.
    4) Do you have any physical limitations ? Torn ACL, completely missing meniscus, Baker's cyst, in right knee, ( Dr. doesn't want to operate right now, for several reasons, so shot full of cortisone. ) Arthritis, left knee, I modify jumping movements. Was able to complete P90X last summer with a certified trainer, so I'm good to go !!!
    5) How is your nutrition ? Really good. Vegetarian, and considering going completely vegan. Still eat a bit too much !!! LOL !!!
    6) What is your biggest struggle ? In the past, it has been finding time to stay consistent. Worked 12 hour days, and every other weekend. I just retired September 19th, so have lots of time now !!!!
    I'm also starting T25 with a group of friends, on 10/7, so will combine the 2 somehow. I have a green light from my primary physician to go all out. As I age, I'd like to be an example of what is possible at a , " certain age !! "
  • RadianWear
    Options
    Welcome Bill :)
  • jstur14
    Options
    Josh - Maine

Eh, Not horrible not great ;)

Loose some pounds and so i don't feel like I am going to die when i play softball :)

Only my mind (Working on getting past that barrier)

It has been off and on but I am going to try to get close to what the T25 recipes go for and then slowly work in other stuff as i find spots for it that isn't in there recipes. ( My girlfriend and I want to give this a true shot at turning around our fitness)

As I stated up in 4 getting my mind to do it

Random crap---

I work in a IT dept so most of my day is sitting at computers (Though i do take walks on my breaks and lunches when I can to help get a little more exercise). I bought a fitbit flex which I really like and it helps keep me motivated to get that extra step and move.

I love to play in a coed league softball team and it is a passion of mine during the summer/fall (I want to get in better shape so I don't feel exhausted)

Also I just started the program today so I will only be a week into it