Scared to death!

Options
Well maybe not quite THAT scared but I really am nervous.. what are people gonna think when they see an obese me wobbling and jogging down the street.. I'm scared of ridicule.

I really AM going to do this but perhaps I need to get a map and sort out somewhere I can run unnoticed!

Am I the only one with these worries?

Good luck to all

D
x

Replies

• madaughe
    madaughe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't worry about what other people think! It's about you and getting healthy :)
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Anytime I see somebody running outside, no matter what they look like, I always think "Wow, that's awesome. I should be doing that!"
  • melinda189
    Options
    Anytime I see somebody running outside, no matter what they look like, I always think "Wow, that's awesome. I should be doing that!"
    i think the same thing. Man they out here getting it- i can't wait til i'm out running like that
  • fitin3m
    fitin3m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Forget about what people may think. You should feel proud for taking intiative to get healthy and build strength.

To be honest, I hate to run and my friends sometimes make fun by imitating how I run on the road by hardly moving the legs forward to run. Whatever they say is true and tries to correct my mistakes. I take their fun part light but want to break the ice to show I can also run like them at some point. Likewise some day the people in your place WILL look at you proudly to see what difference you have made to yourself.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I do the same thing! I always think, "Way to go!"
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Forget about what people may think. You should feel proud for taking initiative to get healthy and build strength.

Amen!! People are going to think, assume, judge...etc, no matter what you think you look like while running. You are taking the first step to a healthier you and that is all that should matter during those few moments while you out there!