Come brag/tell about your great lifting here:

Options
ZB1110
ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
I know that I get supper excited when I'm able to lift more weight or do a certain exercise or whatever. Not many people in my life get that however and I feel like they look at me like an alien when I say hey I benched my bodyweight today. I get really eye roll. So I thought we should brag to each other. Now what is heavy for me may not be heavy for you but it's all great and everyone should be happy for others.

So my great is I benched 115 today- 2 sets 4 reps and 3 sets. :happy:

Replies

• Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I know that I get supper excited when I'm able to lift more weight or do a certain exercise or whatever. Not many people in my life get that however and I feel like they look at me like an alien when I say hey I benched my bodyweight today. I get really eye roll. So I thought we should brag to each other. Now what is heavy for me may not be heavy for you but it's all great and everyone should be happy for others.

So my great is I benched 115 today- 2 sets 4 reps and 3 sets. :happy:

That IS great!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a month now and I'm up to 100# squats, 85# bench and 145# deadlift. :smile:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel worthy to post here a few months ago, but now that I'm brave enough to open up this group again I feel brave enough to post too. :happy: I lifted a 150# atlas stone to my waist 4 times Sunday. I pulled 232.5 on a trap-bar deadlift Tuesday, then moved to rack pulls and ripped a big callus. D'oh! Man I love deadlifts!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am squatting 75 lbs at nine months pregnant!! Less than before, but I am stoked to be doing it at all!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I am squatting 75 lbs at nine months pregnant!! Less than before, but I am stoked to be doing it at all!!
    Lucky kiddo has a strong mama! :happy: You can use a squatting position when you're in labor too; gravity-assisted, and seems to be the more common position over human history.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was benching yesterday, and I was struggling to do 2 reps of 80lbs, which is what I had been able to do no problem last week. I was pretty disappointed. Until my friend realized that we'd actually loaded 85lbs on the bar by accident! So I'd done 2 reps at a PR weight! Instantly felt much better.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was benching yesterday, and I was struggling to do 2 reps of 80lbs, which is what I had been able to do no problem last week. I was pretty disappointed. Until my friend realized that we'd actually loaded 85lbs on the bar by accident! So I'd done 2 reps at a PR weight! Instantly felt much better.

I'm so bad at figuring out how much to load, I'm like how to maths?
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone! Let's hear some more.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I hadn't really benched to a PR before. Yesterday, my husband helped me do wide grip triples and I got up to 95 pounds. I was able to do one at 100, so I guess that's a new PR! I think that'll be going up quickly as my CNS adapts to learn how to do the movement quickly.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    That's totally great! I love when that happens. That's like when I looked down and realized I'd just deadlifted about 15% more than my PR without even trying too hard (trap bar deadlift vs. sumo, but still!). This is a great thread; everybody's in different places, but we can all be proud of doing our best, whatever that means!
  • Rubyayn
    Options
    Lucky kiddo has a strong mama! :happy: You can use a squatting position when you're in labor too; gravity-assisted, and seems to be the more common position over human history.

That is actually the plan!! I have disk herniations, so any position other than supine is best.
  • Rubyayn
    Options
    I hadn't really benched to a PR before. Yesterday, my husband helped me do wide grip triples and I got up to 95 pounds. I was able to do one at 100, so I guess that's a new PR! I think that'll be going up quickly as my CNS adapts to learn how to do the movement quickly.

Awesome!! I love all of these updates!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    lotsss of PB's in the last week..
    We use kg here in UK so I'll convert it...

Deadlift - 210
    Power Snatch - 77
    Back squat - 165
    Front squat - 110
    Power clean & jerk - 99
    Bench - 83