Replies

• durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the summary!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the summary ! I'll start lifting in a few weeks (after a little more readings :bigsmile: )

This is very helpful

:flowerforyou:
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found this summary! I was planning to start NROL4W when I discovered Strong Lifts (thanks to MFP). SL is so much simpler! And this summary makes it even easier to get started (that PDF is a nightmare!). I did a test workout on Saturday, but definitely didn't use heavy enough weights, so I think I'll start for real tonight with Workout A and do the empty bar for all 3 lifts.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is great as I'm starting to do Stronglifts 5x5.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my hunny...he hates that PDF, too!!! LOL

Thanks!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I started SL5x5 back in March, but eventually stopped becaue I kept stalling out thanks to marathon training. Starting over again tomorrow--thank you for this summary. I really hated that PDF!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Are these exercises the only exercises ? You just add weight as you go instead of changing exercises? My computer wouldn't let me download the PDF, claiming it could be unsafe, and I've been seaching online for a week now for answers.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Are these exercises the only exercises ? You just add weight as you go instead of changing exercises? My computer wouldn't let me download the PDF, claiming it could be unsafe, and I've been seaching online for a week now for answers.

Yep, you just bang away at the same lifts and increase the weight progressively. The lifts are deceptive--they are actually quite technical, and there is lots to learn about them.
  • msgabismit
    msgabismit Posts: 195
    Options
    bump for later..beginner here trying to understand everything and work with the weights I've got in my gym
  • falafelcat08
    falafelcat08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump for when I start
  • Superkwing83
    Superkwing83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sweet, thanks for the effort put into this summary! I joined MFP just to obtain access to this group :) able to let out a sigh of relief and relax a bit more prior to starting.
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump - going to start this next week

Great summary! Downloaded the Liftbig app for android to track progress

Cardio isn't really doing much for me so thanks to advice from MFP'ers I am going to give this a go. I have no muscles (well feels like it, esp on arms) so I hope I can manage this
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Finally found it in an easy to read version. Thanks!
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great. Thanks for this
    I have been doing a program from my gym and have been considering changing to stronglifts 5x5 for a while. Great straightforward info. Bumping for soon.
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • eschifrin
    eschifrin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump....
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Bookmarked.