I cannot believe I did this

Options
Nicole9187
Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
Today has been a struggle. I do not know how normal this is by on day 9/10 I felt so good, as the days go by I seem to crave more carbs. So tonight in my moment of weakness, I call home and say I want olive garden and get my mother and daughters order. I call olive garden and order our food including my favorite pasta w/alfredo sauce. I go to pick it up and I start thinking this is a bad idea. I get home and I explain to my mother that if I eat this food it will kick me out of keto etc. etc. She is supportive and says do whatever you gotta do, but she also says it's just one meal. I'm thinking if I eat this I am going to gain 2 pounds (at least) and be thrown out of keto for a few days. So far I have opted not to eat the food, I say so far because it's still in the kitchen, I did however eat eggs & bacon for dinner. But honestly I cannot believe I went through all the effort of ordering something I know tastes so good, paying for it and deciding not to eat it...

Replies

• simplypanda
    simplypanda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it. It's not worth going through keto flu again. Plus, it's a slippery slope...
  • Nicole9187
    Options
    Don't eat it. It's not worth going through keto flu again. Plus, it's a slippery slope...

You are right! I didn't eat any...it's just not worth it =)
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not eating it!! I don't even know you but I'm very proud of you :) As for me in a moment of weakness tonight after dinner I had a small slice of angel food cake with cream cheese frosting and 1/4 cup apple cider :( I'm so disappointed in myself but tomorrow is another day and I'll do better!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Better late than never! So you did well :) Let someone else eat it asap & move on.
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goood Job!!!

I know I am late on this, and I am hoping by now that temptation has left your kitchen, but that is super awesome that you are able to put your GOALS before food. Food is to fuel your body... Kind of like a vehicle... you wouldn't put Deisel into your vehicle if it takes Regular Gas..(or vice versa).. Would You?

you're body requires proper fuel to run correctly,or else its going to break down!!!

I am so proud of you for recognizing that that yucky Olive Garden was not the proper fuel for your body!

BRAVO!!!!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I know this is late but GREAT JOB on recognizing the food choice does not align with your goal and you stopped yourself before making a bad choice and made a much better one. You should be proud of yourself!
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job in resisting the temptation...it does get easier as time goes on.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Craving carbs may be a sign of craving calories. Maybe you are just not eating enough calories.

I don't think I'll ever forget your story, and I'm going to go tell it to my family. I'm in awe!!

Just to give you a bit of info, that once you've been in keto for awhile, at least a month, then you can take cheat days and eat some carbs, just keep them under 100, and don't do it too often. If you exercise at all, then you can learn to burn the carbs up quickly before they ruin your keto.

And btw, if it was me, I'd have sucked the alfredo sauce off the noodles!! ;)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Now, that is will power! I would not have been strong enough to even have ordered anything for myself. I do not understand how people who allow themselves "cheat" days ever get back on their program.
  • Nicole9187
    Options
    I think you are right, I think I am craving calories. I've noticed that they are relatively low and by the time I notice it's almost time for bed. This weekend I am going to spend some time making some recipes that I have seen on here so that I can have a fully prepared week!