Resources for those considering vaccines

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Thanks for starting this group and posting the resources... the sickest I have ever ben was when I got a flu short in the mid 90's...I haven't gotten one since.
  • TonyS89
    TonyS89 Posts: 3 Member
    And if people read the inserts on flu shots (and all vaccines for that matter), they wouldn't get any more either.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 715 Member
    Unfortunately, the chain drug stores are already pushing for people to get the flu shot -- offering discounts, putting up big banners, having their employees wear buttons promoting flu shots -- even giving extra points on their discount programs, telling people that by taking a flu shot, they will be donating a vaccine to someone that needs one overseas, etc.

They couldn't PAY me to take one!
  • Wow I had no clue. I work in a hospital and they usually require all employees to get the vaccine. I will look into how to go about declining it.

Do the shots given to your children in the doctor's office every year have the same side effects?
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    I can't help but wonder what the agenda is behind the whole pushing of the flu shot. I can't help but wonder about the fact that someone is making a LOT of money off of immunizing the majority of the population.

I remember some years back when there were the scare tactics that went something like this: "If you don't get the flu shot, you are going to get the flu and might die!" Guess what, I never got the flu shot and I never got the flu. Maybe I am playing Russian Roullette with my health. Maybe this year will be the year I get it. All I know is that several of my friends got sick from the shot. To top it all off, it seems that more & more people are getting immunized every year and yet more & more people are getting the flu. So remind how it is that the shots are helping? :huh:

This year the approach of the propaganda seems to have changed...now I've been hearing and reading messages (news, commercials, even on Twitter) that basically say this (the following is an actual quote by Harold Pollack on Twitter): "Flu shots contribute to herd immunity, and are vital to protect elderly/infants/immuno-compromised people" What the heck!?! So now I'm evil for not getting the flu shot and it's going to be MY fault if other people with compromised immune systems get the flu?

I don't buy it.
  • Health_Gal
    The flu shot does absolutely nothing to prevent most of the bugs that go around during the winter because they aren't actually the flu.

Besides all the other reasons not to take flu shots, I think they give people a false sense of security and make them feel like they don't have to focus so much on taking preventive measures not to get sick because they think they have protection.
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    The only time I ever got the flu was the one year back in 2002 when I took the flu shot for the first time. While it may be good for some, its not for me. Thanks for starting this group!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Also I wish more people were aware of the radioactive isotopes put into the flu shots so the NSA can track our movements
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    They've even got the media in on it, saying recent refusal to get the MMR vaccine is somehow related to measles outbreaks. http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/health/worst-measles-year/index.html
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I've never had the flu, never had a flu shot.

DH used to get the flu shot every year, immediately followed by the flu. He quit getting flu shots, hasn't had the flu since.

I wasn't immunized (I got one Td when I was 12). I have made the informed choice not to immunize my child(ren) either.

The non-viral ingredients to vaccines are available on the CDC website, if anyone is interested in reviewing them.
  • Thank you for posting all this great information regarding how harmful the flu shot is. I know this vaccine has killed many, especially elderly, or given them paralysis. Me and my family will NOT be vaccinated with the flu shot!!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    I've taught my children healing meditation and the use of essential oils to prevent disease. Seems to be working so far.

The media and global government conspiracy is so deep that the WHO would have us believe that the reason polio cases have decreased by over 99% since 1988, from an estimated 350 000 cases then, to 223 reported cases in 2012 is because of vaccination programs. How stupid do they think we are?
  • Those who do not vaccinate their children....did you have a difficult time getting their pediatrician to agree to this...and the school? I'm very interested in your experience because I am planning on having a third child and I'm wondering what the best way would be to approach the medical providers. I'm sure they will want to know why I vaccinated my other two children and not this one. Any extra information would be helpful. Thank you :-)
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    I've taught my children healing meditation and the use of essential oils to prevent disease. Seems to be working so far.

The media and global government conspiracy is so deep that the WHO would have us believe that the reason polio cases have decreased by over 99% since 1988, from an estimated 350 000 cases then, to 223 reported cases in 2012 is because of vaccination programs. How stupid do they think we are?

Hear Hear, And they also think we believe the elimination of Smallpox is because of vaccinations too, I mean, Really..... Oh yea and I have a rock in my front yard that protects me from tigers too. Ever since the the rock was placed, there have been no tiger attacks at my house, or the neighbors as well. Wonder if they would call that herd immunity ???

May as well include this reference http://www.antivaccinebodycount.com/
  • I've been teaching my children the same, homeopathic remedies, essential oils and a healthy lifestyle. I love oil of oregano and so far have not had the flu in quite a while. I'm a nurse and they 'strongly' recommend taking the flu shot, when it first came out I did and was never more sick in my life. Refuse to take it again.
  • Health_Gal
    A flu shot isn't just made up of dead germs, MikeP6147. When you get a flu shot, you are getting injected with all kinds of other substances that are not good to have in your body.

Taking a flu shot IS taking a risk. I know many people that always get sick after they take the flu shot. But unfortunately, many of them keep taking in anyway because they believe what the doctor says over their own common sense. The flu shot might not be giving them the flu, but it's injecting stuff into their body that does not belong there and can do harm.
  • My son's pediatrician went off on the no vaccination idea when I mentioned to her these concerns. She says immunizations and vaccinations are important especially to prevent deadly illnesses in newborns...
  • Health_Gal
    Unfortunately, doctors are mis-educated to push vaccines and downplay all the problems they can cause.
    Don't let them change your mind. If you don't want your children to be injected with potentially harmful chemicals, stay strong and tell them NO!

If the doctor keeps pressuring you, remember that you have the right to fire them and take your children to a different doctor. You can call their office and ask to talk to them about their views on vaccinations before you spend money on an appointment. There are doctors that respect parents' rights to make decisions about their children's vaccinations.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Unfortunately, doctors are mis-educated to push vaccines and downplay all the problems they can cause.
    Don't let them change your mind. If you don't want your children to be injected with potentially harmful chemicals, stay strong and tell them NO!

If the doctor keeps pressuring you, remember that you have the right to fire them and take your children to a different doctor. You can call their office and ask to talk to them about their views on vaccinations before you spend money on an appointment. There are doctors that respect parents' rights to make decisions about their children's vaccinations.

If Doctors are mis-educated about vaccinations, do you group all Doctors the same? Or only those who you do not agree with? And if all Doctors are mis-educated, then who do you listen to? Of course you call the one's who graduated last in their class Doctor too, Maybe they are the ones telling you about the "dangers" of vaccinations?

I personally chose not to have a flu shot, not because of some made up fears about a whole slew of "potential" BS, but because I just don't want it. I am not in any high risk group, and if I get sick, so be it. For my family who are in higher risk groups, I would not hesitate to recommend the shot.
  • I am curious....is there any doctor out there that will agree to not giving a newborn his/her recommended immunizations?

I know the flu shot is controversial, but what about standard immunizations like the Hepatitis B shot and Diptheria shot?