Say "No" to Late Night Snacking in October

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,952 Member
Borrowed from dewdrop:

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me :wink: . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

We're usually fixing a cut-off time, past which only non-caloric things are allowed (unsweetened tea or water). Yet, we're not that strict: you may allow yourself a handful of almonds, if you're able to stop at that. Figure out what fits you and start counting... :smile: . We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it" - LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile :smile: .

Welcome! :flowerforyou: "

Replies

• allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Glad I found you guys. I'll try to keep my "Anything after dinner" section empty except for my iron supplement ( < 15 kcal ) and an occasional protein drink if I am feeling really hungry.
    I'm starting today ( 2nd October ).
  • tmcginley
    Options
    I had a really bad one last night. I need to make myself accountable somewhere. Tonight will be my first night - no eating after 9pm.
    My problem is i wake up in the night usually after a bad dream, I find I am hungry and start eating compulsively. Its ruining all my attempts and I keep losing then regaining the same 2 lbs over and over again. I'm going to try go 66 days straight - I've been reading recently that it takes that long to form or break a habit. I'll be checking in here with you guys, we got this :-0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Beeps :heart:.

If I am to take 8:30 for my cut-off for October, then it's

Me: 1 - LNS: 0,

even though this wasn't the most glorious night to begin a month with and even though I actually plan to finish eating by 7:30. With my schedule for October this might be just a fantasy. However, I SHALL keep trying!

Thanks for keeping this going and good luck to you all :flowerforyou:.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 :happy:
    LNS: 0 :noway:

Happy Wednesday, Oct 2 to all...

I had a PERFECT 31 days soo far...but this is said after having six months of trying to get back here...and of course, with the mindless late night snacking, gained some weight back. :noway: *NO* Late Night Snacking is a grrreat way (for me)...to take the pounds back off. I had SUCCESS in September...shedding 3 lbs. :drinker:

WELCOME: *allergictodie* (great handle) and *tmcginley*...You both can do this! Visit everyday (if possible, and LOG your success or failure ...seeing it in writing is GRREAT MOTIVATION to keep going or CHALLENGE again!! We are here to cheer you on!:drinker: :bigsmile:

Thanks for getting the October thread going, Beeps :flowerforyou: ...Dewdrop...Grrreat to see you :bigsmile:

Okay...off to my challenges for October...:drinker:

Hugs and Smiles
    Deb:heart:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

Yay, a "0" streak at LNS !
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1*

Yeah, yeah. But...I don't know what happened. I blame being furloughed and my frustration with Congress. Except I can't because I'm actually happy to have some time off. I just wish it weren't unpaid. So I'm not sure what happened last night, but it was not a good start to October.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Oct 2

Me: 1
    Binge: 1*

Not good tonight...TOM...back at it tomorrow.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-

Thanks,beeps, for keeping this going. :flowerforyou: Good to see everyone. A special shout-out to dewdrop who started this challenge a few years ago. So happy to see you.:happy:

Debilang - wow!! :flowerforyou: You are an inspiration. Keep it up. A little friendly competition goes a long way.

I was hungry last night, but this challenge kept me going. I was (am) determined not to blow it so early in the month.
    That being said, April and IamIam - don't give up. You can still have a near-perfect record for the whole month.
    So, let's all keep trying one day at a time to do this. I know I need it big time.

Me:2

If you are in the Northeast, enjoy this gorgeous weather!
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 2

• dewdrop
    Options
    Nope

Me: 1 - LNS: 1

Dope

Zaza, Deb, great to see you, too :smile:.
    April, lamlam, we're still in the game :wink:.
    Beeps, keep up the great work! :drinker:
    Welcome to the new members :flowerforyou:.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Thanks Zaza, Deb, and dewdrop for the encouragement! It's early yet, right?

Me: 1*
    LNS: 1

I got tonight too, I know it!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Yup, total win last night.

Me: 2*
    LNS: 1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    There were a few moments when I thought I'd give in... stayed up late night night. But I won! :drinker::

Me: 2* - LNS: 1

Judging by how I feel just now, I think I'll have tonight down as well...
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 4

Me: 2
    Binge: 2*

Tomorrow is a new day and will be a winning one, I hope...
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Judging by how I feel just now, I think I'll have tonight down as well...

Indeed: Me: 3* - LNS: 1

lamlam, you can do this!!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    dewdrop, good for you for not giving into LNS! This challenge is great - keeps us going in right direction.

Me: 5
    Have a great Sunday.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    This is going in the right direction again:

Me: 4* - LNS: 1

Happy to say that I was hungry when I went to bed (part midnight again).

Zaza, not doing that bad yourself :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!

Me: 5

Yay!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Oct 6