Any word when the iOS7 app will be fixed?

Options
EDollah
EDollah Posts: 464 Member
I don't subscribe to the "Inner Circle" but I'm curious if he's given an ETA for an iOS7 fix there. I actually miss using the app now when I work out. I'm just glad I've maintained a separate spreadsheet.

Replies

• Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    IOS 7 for iphone and stuff is launching today from what I heard.

The StrongLifts 5x5 app for IOS isn't working on IOS.

This was a post by Mehdi on Sept 18th

I want to update the app, but I don't have the source code of version 1.1 (yes that's really dumb)

If have the source of version 1.0, but that didn't have the timer, notes, microloading, and a bunch of other things.

So we could put version 1.0 back online, with a fix for IOS 7, but that means some features would be lost.

Plus, more important, the database structure most likely is different on version 1.1 of the app. So there could be data loss in the process.

To prevent data loss, we need to know the database structure of the app. But we don't know that because don't have the source code of version 1.1

If you know of any mcgyver solution, let me know asap by replying below

He also posted
    You won't lose data if you switch to IOS7.

The current app simply doesn't allow you to change the weights on IOS 7.

As of today there has not been much progress, he is considering taking the app off the store as he can't prevent IOS7 users from downloading it. He is trying to find a dev to help rewrite it. I will update you as I see more replies
  • EDollah
    Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Commenting so that I can keep an eye on the thread.
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got an email today.. Here is the latest word..

I've posted this on the StrongLIfts Facebook fan page a couple of days ago, but since some guys still ask me about it - here's a reminder.

The StrongLifts 5x5 app for Iphone/ipod doesn't work on IOS7, the latest version of the apple operating system released several days ago.

Well everything works except changing the weight of exercises and of your body-weight.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix coming because I don't have the source code of this app and haven't been able to get it either.

This means we have to build a new app from scratch.

Now, you probably know that my developers have spent the last couple of months creating a new StrongLifts app for Android devices.

it's currently in beta, link:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-app-android/

We got over 3000 beta testers on this Android app, lots of feedback and are working on that one DAILY. Priority is getting usability right first.

We're almost there, and are going to use all the feedback we got to build a new app for IOS devices (iphone/ipod) that will work on IOS7.

So the current IOS app will be gone and replaced by a new one (we'll do our best to import your current data so you lose nothing) which will work on IOS7 and that will have a design similar to the Android one.

I cannot tell you when this new IOS app will be done, all I can tell you is that it's high on my priority list and that I have developers working on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I know there are thousands of guys who were relying on this app to get results in the gym, I'm more pissed than all of them together about the mess that happened with this app.

I'll get it fixed, promised.

-Mehdi
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Good info.
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't want another app! I wish he would spend some $$ and fix this one! He supposedly has thousands of paying members in his inner circle, why would he make a new app?
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ... why would he make a new app?
    I want to update the app, but I don't have the source code of version 1.1 (yes that's really dumb)
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    An advert has gone out for a developer. I expect it will take a few months to get a new app out.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    so this is why i can't change the weights on each exercise? cause it's messed up? ....i just started SL today...been flirting with it for months, finally dove in today
  • EDollah
    Options
    It's here! Just downloaded it, but haven't used it so can't comment on how well it works, but I did test changing weights and that seems to work.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My apps update automatically so I didn't have a choice, it deleted ALL previous workouts, but it started me out at the correct weight to use, so that's ok I guess. :ohwell:
  • EDollah
    Options
    I have to say I would recommend not updating this app at this time. This failure to read in prior workouts even goes so far as to include your current workout if you switch apps. I tend to open a browser to warmupreps.com when I do my warmup sets. When I go back to the SL app, my current session is gone. Maybe that's a pebkac issue. There are other things I don't like either. I won't go into them now, but, beware.