C25K question

Options
I attempted the week 5 day 3 20 minute run today (does anyone know why this is thrown in here) and was not so successful. I ram quite a bit of it but didn't t make it through the whole 20 minutes without some walking. Do I need to keep doing this until I am successful before moving on or should I go on to week 6?

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    What was your pace? You might need to slow down even more for the 20 minute segments.

If you feel you can continue on then by all means do so. If next week you can't do the whole 22 minute run with out walkin then I would repeat week 6.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    the same thing happened to me. I was not able to run the full 20 minutes without walking the first time. I just did it again and did better the second time, but still not all of it. I feel that the 20 minutes is in there to get you an idea of your conditioning. The program will get you conditioned so trust it.
    I second the slowing your pace down as well, sometimes you need to go slower to so you don't tire so quickly. Save a little energy for the longer session.. Don't be afraid to redo the week if you need to and don't give up you can do it!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    In general, you should probably slow down. However, what do you feel like made you stop?
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I second re-doing the week, i did this when i was doing the programme i thought week 5 and 6 were the hardest for me.
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    I'm only almost done with the c25k - currently on w8, I suggest redo until you complete the session as required.

During the earlier weeks in the program (around W1-3) I kept redoing and redoing until I completed the session.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It is such a wonderful feeling to finish that 20-minute run. I would suggest doing this one day over again just to get that feeling.
    Slow down. If you start to feel tired in any way, slow down some more. Just keep running. That's the key. You can do this; you're ready for it.
  • bestsingingmom
    bestsingingmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. i will attempt it again tomorrow. I usually run in the morning, but I thought I'd try it after work the other day and I think I was fried from work. I'll give it another go tomorrow morning. Thanks again.