October Bonus Points!

Options
Let's get some bonus points going! If you reply to this thread and answer one of the below questions by Octoer 11th, I'll reward you with 100 Get Fit points!

You only need to answer one of these questions, but feel free to share more answers!

1. What is the hardest thing for you to cut out of your diet that you know isn't healthy for you?
2. What is your main motivation for trying to live healthier?
3. Have you had some major sucess this year? Please share your story!

Replies

• Jday56
    Jday56 Posts: 9
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to cut out is the sweets and definately the liquid calories. By liquid calories I mean Margaritas and my new favorite drink...Black Cherry Rum, Blueberry Red Bull, and sprite.
  • gckern
    gckern Posts: 2
    Options
    hard to cut out the (Diet) soda's and fried foods (French Fries, Chicken, etc.) because they are so darn tasty. I'm starting to feel at my age that I've got enough going against me, let alone being a little on the rotund side. I try to convince myself that my "SUCCESS" is that I've been pretty static at this (over)weight for more than 5 years, so my rate of change is at least not upward, but certainly not downward.
  • jlwhitta
    jlwhitta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son is my motivation for trying to live healthy. He is only 3 months old now, he has that spark in his eye and I can tell he can't wait to run. I want to be able to run with him everystep of the way :smile:
  • mdbibber
    Options
    The hardest thing is def the sweets! I love to make them for my husband, but neither of us needs them. He's my motivation and my weakness all in one.
  • albilbrey
    Options
    The Hardest thing for me to cut out of my diet is CHOCOLATE! I probably eat something to do with chocolate everyday! I try to limit myself to small amounts but i know i should take it out!
  • daveabrams923
    Options
    My main motivation for striving to live healthier is a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. I've had to make some pretty drastic changes to my eating habits, but exercise also plays a key role in living a pretty "normal" life with diabetes.
  • pjdecker
    pjdecker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweets are the hardest thing for me to cut out of my diet... I need a real kick start to get back on the plan!
  • grandmama59
    Options
    My main motivation is my 9 grandchildren! I'm especially proud of my 8 year old grandson Junior. Since we did the Git Fit Challenge together last year his drink of choice is water. He occasionally has a soda but he is very proud of himself when he has water when everyone else is drinking soda. He has also made a conscious decision to play outside instead of playing his beloved Xbox during his free time. He's the one that's been motivating me the last 2 weeks to get off the couch and play baseball or football with him. How can I say no?
  • cjloyd
    cjloyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing to cut out of my diet is granulated sugar. I drink several cups of hot tea a day and have not found a substitute for that white sugar. I have been trying to use less with each cup I drink.
  • mbanes
    mbanes Posts: 10
    Options
    I think the hardest thing to cut out is bread, pasta's etc. I switched to eating sprouted grain bread because it doesn't break down to sugar like normal bread. I still only have 1 piece a day to minimize temptation to other carbs and calorie intake.
  • habright
    habright Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My “success” this year isn’t visible but I recommitted to a regular exercise schedule. I joined the Y about a year ago but didn’t start regularly attending exercise classes until early this year. I made it a priority and even though it sometimes feels like I am moving mountains to get there, I have stuck with it.
  • dot23scott
    Options
    1. Food. Er, crappy food like fast food. Hard to be good when I don't cook, and don't make time to eat healthier at home. No excuses, it just is. Boredom eating - I'm a slug once I"m home from work. Sitting in front of tv allows my mind to wander to the kitchen pantry.... sigh.
    2. Already forgot that question. Hmmm, I evidnetly need some brain stimulation.
    3. Been doing strength training 2 days week ( now 3) since January. Not huge movement on the scales, but big differences in me. I have had 5 pr. of slacks taken in at the waist and am on my way back for more alterations. I actually have some muscles that I can see. I feel better. I'm in the habit, and getting up at 5:00 still sucks, but I'm getting it done consistently.
  • dot23scott
    Options
    Try honey. I've made the switch. I also tried agave but didn't want to get "way out there" or anything. Honey has worked well!
  • rheritage
    Options
    Fried/greasy food, fast food, dessert, carbs.... I love anything that is bad for me! Pinterest doesn't help either with all the delicious recipes I want to try that are loaded with fat, sugar and calories.
  • Sharika2
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to cut out of a diet are sweets and fried foods. I know they are bad for me and I try to watch but crave the wrong food unless I'm with others who can help keep me away from them.
  • DAD0428
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to cut out is running by McDonalds in the morning on my way to work to get $1.00 sandwich and an iced hazelnut coffee.

My main motivitaion for living healthier is so I can get off a medication and be able to run better.

Major success this year so far is that for the first time I have fully run a 5k and a 10k race. I have actually fully run several 5k races and 2 10k races.

Faith Madison
  • dot23scott
    Options
    My main motivation is to not end up like my dad did - of sound mind, and failed body. He was always going to exercise "tomorrow" or "when he felt better." He didn't understand that he'd have to fight through the tiredness, lack of motivation, and ease of sitting in his recliner in front of the tv, in order for his body to maintain the physicality he had had most of his life.

I watched him suffer from failed physical health, while remaining clear of mind - and that killed him - he couldn't compensate in any manner for not being able to get out of his chair and walk to the kitchen, bathroom, or to the car. I'm 52 - not getting any younger. I know myself well enough to know I will be just like him if I don't get going now. My challenge is to stick with it, through rain, cold weather, lacking motivation, tiredness, and every other excuse I can/will/have come up with to NOT exercise.

I want to be mobile and moving around in 20 years, and in 30 years. I need to get after it. Right now.
  • Jday56
    Jday56 Posts: 9
    Options
    The Hardest thing for me to cut out is chocolate. I haven't had much success this year. I did do 1 thing I have never done before and that is a 5 K. I didn't run it, but I did walk it. My main motivation is to feel good about doing something positive for myself. I want to set an example for others and be able to wear clothes that I haven't been able to buy in a long time.