WOLVERINE TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• tema47
    tema47 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks team Wolverines :bigsmile:

Really awesome to be back Kelly :D ---- just had baby number two who is now 4 and a half months old. I actually have alreadyblostball,of the baby weight I gained but I've got a heap of toning to do :ohwell:

#3. I quite like yoga but can't do a full on locust stand which is what I would like to be able to do

#4. No eating past 8pm --- (my Outrigging training finishes at about 8pm and sometimes I eat after it :noway: hehehehe)

#5. Wake up earlier to get more quiet time in for myself - so I can either, read, stretch or just chill out really:wink:

#1&2 I'll just post as I do them through the week n yayay

Looking forward to getting thought the challenges with y'all and getting to know y'all better
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    @ Midwestgirlz

You can't double dip for workout 1 to 2, so if the reps that you did are included in the time and cal burn then they can't be used as reps.

If the reps are in addition to your workout that's fine but it looks like the strength part of your workout you also classing as reps, correct me if I'm wrong

You can either log it as either

60 min workout (we have a 2x30, 1x45 & 1x60) and included all the burn but can't log the reps

or you could split it

as a 45 workout and calorie burn for the cardio part only
    and
    the 324 reps (no time or cal burn)

Hope this makes sense, don't worry if it all seems confusing at first - basically every part of the challenge is separate from one another, unless Sheri specifically says so!

Just let me know how you want it logging and if you are splitting the workout, can you let me know the cal burn for the cardio part!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    *****PLEASE READ*******

I was just rereading the challenge and have just seen or actually I should say it just registered (I read it before coffee this morning) that the 400 reps this week are on one body part out of the 4 - core, upper, lower or cardio..... so we choose which body part to work on, glad I released this today as I've been working on legs and cardio, as I have done more towards legs today than cardio that is what I'll do

Put this here in case any others hadn't realise this either!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Okay fellow wolvies: as Kelly (hint hint nudge nudge) suggested I'm providing a couple of links to great websites for ideas for reps. I used YAYOG (You are your own gym) a lot... I bought the $2 app for my iPad that allaows you set up training programmes baseed on body areas and of course, core and cardio..

Before I link to that here is another great write up abou the benefits of high intensity/low intensity reps.

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/07/19/high-reps-vs-low-reps/

And the link to Mark Lauren (YAYOG)

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/07/19/high-reps-vs-low-reps/

Have any questions, just ask, or PM. Looks like everyone is off to a great start...
  • weefreemen
    Options
    Here are my numbers for Sunday, it would make it really easy peasy if you don't mind copying this formula, it makes it so much easier to get the data entered.

Kelly has already mentioned about the double dipping in that you can't use your rep time and calorie burn toward your workout time or burn.

Also for counting reps, both sides combine for 1 rep count, so an UB curl on both the left and right arm counts as 1 rep only, not 2.

Sunday October 6th

Stretch Goal - Sitting with legs spread, walk hands forward until upper torso is flat to ground

Habit to Change:
    Stop snacking after 7:00 pm

New Hobby/Habit:
    Have joined a ballet class (to help improve flexibility) it runs for 16 weeks starting October 8th

Workout: 95 minutes (all walking)
    Calories Burned: 727
    Reps: 500 (all UB)
    Stretching: 15 minutes

Reps: wall presses/push ups and one arm dumbbell curls
    Left and right side count as one rep only..

I started entering the daily log into my exercise diary and then I only have to copy and paste here, it makes it a little easier. So each day the formula for posting is already logged into my diary, I only have to alter the numbers... It does help a great deal...
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This doesn't make sense. The way you are explaining it, reps are never considered a work-out. Does this also mean that calories burned while doing reps do not count?

The way you just explained it, we have to do 1 60min, 1 45min, and 2 30min workouts - yet to get to 400 reps we also need to do additional workouts? So we are doing, at a minimum, 5 workouts to get meet the objectives.

I have done one of these before (I was a dolphin) - and it did not work this way (It was 2 years ago, though). Reps were part of your workout.

Clarification, p[lease, when you can!

Thanks.

@ Midwestgirlz

You can't double dip for workout 1 to 2, so if the reps that you did are included in the time and cal burn then they can't be used as reps.

If the reps are in addition to your workout that's fine but it looks like the strength part of your workout you also classing as reps, correct me if I'm wrong

You can either log it as either

60 min workout (we have a 2x30, 1x45 & 1x60) and included all the burn but can't log the reps

or you could split it

as a 45 workout and calorie burn for the cardio part only
    and
    the 324 reps (no time or cal burn)

Hope this makes sense, don't worry if it all seems confusing at first - basically every part of the challenge is separate from one another, unless Sheri specifically says so!

Just let me know how you want it logging and if you are splitting the workout, can you let me know the cal burn for the cardio part!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    @ midwestgirlz

Yes the sections are now all separate from one and another so anything you log as #'2 REPS can't be used also for #1 WORKOUT, so the calorie burn and time from any rep work doesn't count towards #1. And vice versa, and same with the flexibility, this is in addition to #1&2

You can if you want use the reps as part of the #1 workout but whatever reps you do for this, can't also be claimed as #2 reps if you choose to log it that way.

So the challenge this week is :_

4 workouts (2x30, 1x45 and 1x60) burning a minimum of 1000 calories

and

400 reps (working on one body part)

and

3 days working on flexibility for 5 mins

What I'd suggest is use all of you Sundays workout as the workout part, ticking off your 60 mins one and not log the reps - reps are easy to knock out throughout the day - they only have to be in sets of 25 so don't have to be done as a big workout, I do mine while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil or making tea, I'm working on legs so am doing squats, lunges, leg raises etc.

**** WOLVERINES *****

Can we have more suggestions on how to knock out reps during the day..

I remember people doing rep work when the adverts came on, I do them while cooking tea / making a cuppa
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Logged to here apart from Midwestgirlz (waiting to know how she's like it logged)

I need to get my thinking cap on about my habits etc
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Morning Wolverines! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Stretch Goal - sitting with legs spread, working on that stance getting wider, and getting my chest to my legs.

I have always been so inflexible, so this is a great challenge for me.

Habit to Change- No eating after 8:30PM

-My husband and I got into a dirty habit when I was expecting- eating bowls of ice cream late at night right before bed. Horrible- and it stayed with both of us after baby girl arrived. It just feels so gross to eat something like that so late- so no more.

New Hobby/Habit- Get back to meal planning and cook more from scratch.

-Life is crazy, and I have been turning to easy, frozen foods way to often to feed my family at the last minute. I don't like the disorganization, the chaos, or the expense (our grocery bill has gone up hundreds of dollars a month :( ). My goal is to start with planning dinners, and move up to all meals and snacks.

Sunday 10/6

Workout: 72 minutes (20 minute step aerobics followed by a 10 minute power walk and a 42 minute long hike through our hills with my family- pushing my 55lb, 5 year old in a stroller)
    Calories Burned: 589
    Reps: 150 (core) - standard crunches and oblique crunches
    Stretching: 5 minutes

Please let me know if this format is ok. :)
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have given a lot of though to this while working yesterday: this is my decision:
    Flexibility: Improve on yoga positions (Kelly, if it is too broad, let me know and I'll pick one in particular)
    Bad habit: no more snacking after dinner
    Good habit: sleep a minimum of 7 hours a night

Sunday stats:
    62 min walk
    Calories: 311 calories
    Reps: 0
    Flexibility: 0
    Bad habit: no :( (ate almonds in front of TV after my hospital shift)
    Good habit: Yes
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    To help fellow Wolverines:

Cardio reps are fast to do, make you burn calories, increase your heart rate and are easy to include pre-post workout: You can do 5 minutes of cardio reps before your workout: jumping jacks, jump ropes, burpees (though 25 of it is a killer :), etc... or ab series afterwards

I also do abs during TV commercials
    I do wall pushups in my office before or after lunch break, wall squats...

You have to do 25 at a time, but it is manageable, doing them here and there, you will reach 400 in no time!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Logged to here

@ Izzie, that's fine with me but do you have a particular one that I could put down, I'm thinking about going for crane :noway: haha - I can't get up into it, so thought that one will be a good one and I do like a challenge :)

Also this week we not logging the habits #4&5 - just coming up with them by Friday,

@ Dar - that's perfect thanks and good luck with the flexibility, mine well and truly sucks so does my balance also

I'll log mine later, still trying to think of what I want to choose, decisions, decisions, decisions.....
  • weefreemen
    Options
    Hi all -

I do a few of my reps when I'm in the kitchen, (counter push ups are great), I'll do squats when I'm preparing food or cooking, I'll do my lower body workouts when I'm watching a bit of evening telly. It really doesn't take too much to get a few in. I've got into the habit of immediately upon arising in the morniing, doing a few side bends and lunges, it's a great way to wake up and it's good for you....An awful lot of reps can be amended to be done sitting down as well, something I had to do when I hurt my back. So again, sitting watching telly, do knee to elbow raises. Hope this all helps..
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yippee I'm super stoked to be a wolverine this time round.... I've always loved the xmen!! ????

I'm Shelly from the uk and I just seriously need a kick up the bum with some serious health and fitness lifestyle changes. It's all about habit and getting motivated on those cold dark winter night

Well I guess I'm a nocturnal wolf now so watch this space!!

I'm gonna work hard for me AND the team!!

Go wolverines!!
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Challenge

Sunday October 6th

Stretch Goal - Sitting with legs spread, walk hands forward until upper torso is flat to ground

Habit to Change:
    No smoking

New Hobby/Habit:
    Quality time with mum

Workout: 0 minutes (xtrainer)
    Calories Burned: 0
    Reps: 0 (all LB)
    Stretching: 0

Big fat zero Sunday!

Spoke to my day tho which was awesome!

Monday October 7th

Habit to Change: yes

New Hobby/Habit: no

Workout: 63 minutes (xtrainer)
    Calories Burned: 172
    Reps: 0 (all LB)
    Stretching: 0
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Sunday

wo - 0
    reps 100 (25 of each - lunges, standing leg raises, high knees & butt kicks)
    flex - 0

Monday

WO - 37 mins running (use as 30)
    cals 373
    Reps 100 (as above)
    flex - 5 mins

I decided to take the plunge and go for crane, I may live to regret that but it's one pose I've never been able to master (yet) - still haven't decided on the #4 or 5 - I'm thinking about coffee PM and either restarting to learn guitar ( i can play the scale) - I best go get my acoustic out of the attic to check the strings tomorrow

Logged to here

Welcome Shelly to the best team ever :)
  • tema47
    tema47 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

Monday stats

Exercise - Yoga
    Cals - 213
    Time - 60mins

Reps - 0 (but I'm going to be working on core reps this week

#4 ---- yep (didn't eat past 8pm)
    #5 ---- yep (woke up early to get more quiet time in)

Tuesday stats

Exercise - yoga
    Cals - 160
    Time - 45mins

Reps - 0

#4 - yep
    #5 - yep

Sorry usually today I have Outrigging training as well which burns loads of cals....BUT I've got a flu, the achy kind so I'm kind of trying to recover..... Hopefully tomorrow I feel well enough to get my reps in.....
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sunday

WO - 45 mins Cardio (Cardio + Reps = 81min)
    Cals - 424
    reps 250 Upper Body
    flex - 10 min
    2 Workbook pages
    No Snacking after 7pm

Monday

WO - 60 mins Cardio (Cardio + Reps = 92min)
    cals - 311 (735 total)
    Reps 150 Upper Body (400 total)
    flex - 10 mins (20 min total)
    3 Books (5/10 books)
    No Snacking after 7pm

Thanks for the clarification!!!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Flexibility: Hands flat on the floor when bent over
    Bad habit: Limit gluten to one meal. I have a gluten sensitivity but can't resist...2nd generation American Italian.
    Hobby: Seriously can't think of one. My hobby is running. I don't have time for anything else. I also read but that is an obsession not a hobby.

Sunday stats:
    Work-out: 0 min/ 0 calories (sick)
    Reps: 0 (sick)
    Flexibility: rolled hamstrings for 5 minutes each
    Bad habit: Yes
    Good habit:

Monday stats:
    Work-out: 45 min (walk)/ 270 calories (sick)
    Reps: Core
    5 minutes planks (Checking with Sheri about conversion to reps)
    50 sit-ups
    50 push-ups
    25 hip dips in plank
    Flexibility: rolled hamstrings for 5 minutes each
    Bad habit: Yes
    Good habit:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Monday

WO - 0- was planning on some cardio today, but life got in the way :/
    cals 0
    Reps 100 core (standard crunch and obliques)
    flex - 5 mins