Her Time 5K

Options
Just wanted to share this. Over the weekend I stumbled across a link on the computer for this Her time 5k walk/run in nearby town after reading up on it and debating with myself I decided to sign up. It is early Oct in a nearby town along the lake/beach area for women only... I am nervous becuase I may be going solo- I am trying to get my sister in law to paricipate with me( keeping my fingers crossed). The location appealed to me the most becuase its different for me. I hope to be able to take some photos along the route/beach trail. The distance isnt what worries me , its more of the pace. I am slow at running, but I figure the more I work at it the better I will eventually be. A step out of my comfort zone but want to try.

Replies

• ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like a really cool thing to do.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wish I lived just a bit closer. I'd join you. And I'm very slow as well. My son claims he can walk as fast as I run. I don't care. At least I'm out there.

Have fun,
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    Thank ladies... I am going to give it my best shot....I have restarted c25k to build up my running. I am also doing squats etc too. All I can do is try....I am hoping for nice weather too!
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you let us now the exact date/time, some of us might run together with you, or at least think of you...
    (I'll try too, but since I'm in a very different timezone, chances are I would have to run in the middle of the night... I love running in the evening, but not after midnight...)
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would join you as well !!!!!
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    here is the info...I am excited!

Event: Her Times 5k
    Location: Rotary Pavillion, Presque Isle State Park- Erie, PA
    Date / Time: Sat, Oct 05, 2013 - 8:00 AM
    Distance: 5k
    Street Address: 1 Peninsula Dr, Erie, PA 16505
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    The 5K in next saturday...I think my sister in law is going with me. My mom is going to watch anyway. This morning did 3 miles in 48 minutes! I was excited!!!! no running just walking! hopefully the weather is going to be nice-its been beautiful here the last couple days! keep my fingers crossed!
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    finished the 5k this morning.it was a beautiful day for the run!
  • Vick53
    Vick53 Posts: 15
    Options
    Congrats. tell us more. Your time? Did you walk some or run the whole way? Pics?
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You did it! Brilliant.