love9705 187.2
    mailaig 136
    MidwestGirlz 222.2
    *staceyny818
    tema47 188.11
    *twinmom_112002
    usernamekelly1 155.2
    *zzzzia

@ Dar - last challenge we measured, twice start and finish. But I think measuring is a better indication than the scales so I recommend measuring for your own progress monthly and logging them on mfp, you can create new ones that you track - I also track things like: body fat %, Waist-to-Height ratio and Waist to hip ratio amongst others - but I'm rather geeky and love stats :)

Logged to here!
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 0
    Calories Burned: 0
    Reps: 100 UB
    Stretching: 5 minutes

Thursday:
    Workout: 40 minutes treadmill
    Calories Burned: 367
    Reps: 350 UB
    Stretching: 10 minutes

Friday:
    Workout: 50 minutes treadmill
    Calories Burned: 430
    Reps: 0
    Stretching: 5 minutes

Weight 143
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning is 122.5. Really small loss. Not surprising though since I only got to run twice and I indulged in some comfort food. I am feeling better this morning. Fingers crossed it lasts.

To make up for not helping the team this week I am rearranging my miles for next week. Got a babysitter to do my long run on sunday instead of Saturday so the time and calories count. Ready to kick this flu and start the challenge the right way.
  • twinmom_112002
    Options
    Chart update!

Bad Habit: Limit gluten to once a day to deal with sensitivity

Good Habit: Spend 15 minutes every night without electronics/kids to connect with hubby.
  • gmoneylemus
    Options
    Weigh in 328 down 2
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Best get my Habit decides

the good is

Mon & Fri walk kids too / from school (day I normally have car and drive them, 6.5 miles a day) other 5 days learn guitar (15+ mins)
    (cal burn will not count towards challenge)

The bad is

No Coffee in the PM and no hitting snooze - everyday

Still waiting 3 weigh ins, PMs sent
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Just waiting on Izzie, off out for a bit - so will check back when I get back!
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Friday October 11th

Bad habit: not a success at all again bloody stress!
    Good Habit: success

Workout: 0 minutes
    Calories : 0 cals
    Reps: 75 (all LB)
    Stretching: 5 mins (my poor calves are still aching!)

Static lunges: 25
    Walking lunges: 25
    Squats: 25
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the hospital.. so sorry Kelly!!!!

230.0 :)
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Got it, I was just coming to check before I headed to bed.... I need to go sleep now...Have a great weekend everyone!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    **** Week 2 ****

Please read week 2 in full, if you have any questions please ask!

With week 1 out of the way, it's time to get down to it... we now have team targets for both calorie burn and reps - so I will give you the splits, for it shared equally amongst the 12 of us :) Remember this is an elimination challenge, although the first couple of weeks tend to be people with incomplete weeks or drop outs... it does get competitive (in a friendly way) and I know Sheri takes into account how much you do above the minimum to help your team, when it comes down to elimination after weight loss has been factored into this...

So if you are unsure of what is required or need ideas, please don't be shy!!!

Breakdown

#1 Workout

Four separate days - 30 / 45 / 60 / 90 minutes

these are to be consecutive, so you can't do 30 mins in the morning and 60 in the PM - has to be altogether for it to count. You may change exercises / machines or tag a walk onto an exercise dvd etc.

Individual cal goal of 1300
    Team target 19'200 - spilt equally = 1600 calorie bun each

#2 Reps

Core and cardio reps

Individual Rep goal of 400
    Team target 7'200 - spilt equally = 600 reps each

#3 Flexibility

10 mins - 4 days

# Points

The points part is TBC - but I would do what you have chosen as it will most likely be something on that line, maybe try to stay under the 2500mg of sodium and drink 8 glasses of water a day, this is what we had last round, as well as sit ups... which I think I'll do as if it's not in this time I can always count them as reps this week :)

Like I said any Qs, just ask and let's rock this week!!!! But first have an awesome evening!!!!!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So excited :)
    one more shift at the hospital tomorrow, then 2 days off :)
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    I've just read the points part of the challenge looks good, I think I'll have to leave the car at home for running club and walk home so it's over an hour (it's normally 50 mins ish) it takes about 10-15 mins to walk it so that will help with my daily points that day :)
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

The challenge starts today, but the points do not start until tomorrow, correct?

Have a great week everyone!
  • lobstergirl
    Options
    Questions:

1. If I do my 90 min workout then later in the day do a 30 min workout can include the cals burnt from the 30 min in my calorie goal.

2. If I do a 30 min cardio circuit do the reps in that count for my reps and can be counted as a workout

3. If I go to gym and do 30 weights only - can I count that as a workout?

4. If I do 60 mins on three different cardio machines I'm the gym - consecutively - can I count that as one workout?

Think that's it for now!!

Xxxx
  • twinmom_112002
    Options
    Questions:

1. If I do my 90 min workout then later in the day do a 30 min workout can include the cals burnt from the 30 min in my calorie goal.
    ** Yep...you can always work out more than the minimum.

2. If I do a 30 min cardio circuit do the reps in that count for my reps and can be counted as a workout
    ** you can not count reps as part of your work-out. So you would EITHER count the reps or take the 30 minute work-out

** Same answer as number 2.

4. If I do 60 mins on three different cardio machines I'm the gym - consecutively - can I count that as one workout?
    *** Yep...counts as one work-out.

Xxxx

Be careful that you don't burn yourself out. That seems like a lot of working out. Remember that as important as exercise it the work-out component is only 25% of weight loss. The rest comes down to diet.

I am heading out right now to drop the kids at grandma's and then attempt a long run with my husband. Feeling better but weak. We are doing point to point so I can't really bail but the run might turn into a walk.
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Hi all,

The challenge starts today, but the points do not start until tomorrow, correct?

Have a great week everyone!

Yes that's correct!
    Questions:

Yes, you can count it, I sometimes do workout doubles as long as the time you wanting to log it as (30 / 45 / 60 / 90) is continuous then that is fine! What you can't do is break the 90 minute over the day.

For the main workout part of the challenge you can't double dip, so if you are using the 30 minutes as you main workout (#1) you can't also count the reps (#2) but you can just use this as reps only, as long as it's countable

If you go to the gym and do weights - you can log it in either the workout cals / time #1 or reps #2, you can't log it as both

That is 1 workout as long as you don't take too long of a break in-between machines, a few minutes is fine... you can also do 2 classes back to back, as one workout etc

Xxxx

Basically you can either log something as a workout using the time and cal burn or as reps not as both!

Now saying all of that, for the points part of the challenge you can double dip here and only here, so say I do a 30 run and then later on I do 20 mins rep work, followed straight by the 10 min flexibility

As I have done 2 lots of 30 mins, I get 10 points for the day.

If on the other hand I had done the the reps and flexibility at separate times, then I could only claim for the 30 min run.

Hope this helps, if not hollow!!!!!

I'm shatter, more painting today second coat of white washing the kitchen... glad I don't need a third coat the plaster looks like it's all covered!!! So I get to go shopping for the actual paint for it this week, ready for next weekend!
  • lobstergirl
    Options
    OMG kell those were examples - not my workout schedule! im lucky if i have the energy to go to the toilet these days! lol
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    LOL, I knew they were examples :)
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the clarification!! And, Wolverines - let's shoot for someone in the top 10!!