26.2 again

Options
Hi everyone! I love running, but my body doesn't always like the distances I run. I have gone through a lot of pain to finish my 26.2 miles. I'm new and would love to read about others that also love to run. Add me as a friend!

I'm also starting to train in the tri world. I finished my first sprint and looking forward to an Olympic soon. Anyone have a good bike rec?? I'm using a Trek hybrid and I see a road bike or tri bike in my future.

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure anyone's body really *likes* running 26.2 miles, but we do it anyway. :) Part of the charm of being a runner.

You might want to try the "Triathletes/Dualathletes" group for your questions about bikes and Tri training. They might have more experience or knowledge to offer you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love running, but my body doesn't always like the distances I run. I have gone through a lot of pain to finish my 26.2 miles. I'm new and would love to read about others that also love to run. Add me as a friend!

I'm also starting to train in the tri world. I finished my first sprint and looking forward to an Olympic soon. Anyone have a good bike rec?? I'm using a Trek hybrid and I see a road bike or tri bike in my future.

I recently got into tris myself, and a road bike serves me well. Have fun with doing running and tris, and plan your season's races carefully ;)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hell, I do it for the bling and to be able to call myself a marathoner. My first is in 3 weeks 6 days. AHHH!!!!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    First marathon sunday, eeeeeek
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I ran the 2013 SF Wipro too and just sent you a friend request.

I am 3 weeks out from my next race NYC Baby! then taking a little break to focus on increasing my speed.
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've got NYC next also... then the Disney Wine & Dine Half, Philadelphia Marathon, Rehoboth Beach Marathon and then Disney's Goofy Challenge. I am also moving towards completing a Tri in the future. I just need to work on my swimming! I have a Cannondale CAAD-8 road bike that is great! I've logged the following miles (and hours) so far this year.

2013 Totals:

Run: 621.49 miles
    Bike: 865.9 miles
    XT: 82.75 hours