Ideas for low carb soup

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
Any ideas for a low carb soup? Or, any ideas for make ahead and eat through out the week kinda stuff.

Replies

• crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really like Rachael Ray's Peasant Soup. I change the recipe a bit by only using 1 carrot, no beans and no sugar.

http://www.food.com/recipe/peasant-soup-298191
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Chicken Zoodle Soup.
    Its basically a chicken soup and use zucchini noodles as a replacement for the pasta noodles.

I think I've figured out a near perfect roux to make low carb gumbos and etoufees as well!
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/soup_recipes.html

Linda's Low Carb Menus

I Highly recommend this site a TON of recipes all low carb! I've tried about half of them and all have been awesome. Best part the hubby likes them too and has NO CLUE its low carb food.:happy:
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sunflower! What a great site!
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you are more than welcome! :bigsmile:
  • Dylansmom06
    Dylansmom06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You guys are GREAT, thanks so much for the awesome references. I'm going to cook up a low carb storm!!!
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    There are two low carb recipes on my site if you can get to them. If not, let me know. They are very similar.... creamy nacho soup and taco soup. Very filling!!
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tried an easy recipe I found on pintrest for egg drop soup. It took 10 mins. and was delicious. Simply bring 4 cups of chicken broth to boil along with some red pepper flakes, scramble 2 eggs with salt and pepper and slowly add them to the boiling broth stirring the whole time. Bring to a boil again and it's done. I added a tablespoon of butter to the broth to make it more keto friendly, and a handful of spinach for the fun of it. It was good both ways. i'm thinking I might add some left over chicken to it next time.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday I did a chicken coconut curry that was like a thick soup. This made a big batch.

28oz of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (trim off any thick fat) cut into 1" chunks
    20oz of cauliflower cut into florets
    half a decent sized onion (about 4oz) diced
    1 cup of fresh basil, rough chopped
    1 can of coconut milk
    1tbs lime juice
    1tbs oil
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    3/4 tsp cumin
    3/4 tsp coriander powder
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp salt

sauté the onions and cauliflower in the oil. add in the dry spices and stir until the spices releases their fragrance. add the coconut milk and chicken. bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cook until the chicken is fully cooked, 20 mins or so. Toss in the basil and lime juice right before serving. If you have fish sauce, using that instead of the salt will give a nice flavor.

1 big bowl (16oz) is 467cals, 17carbs, 5 fiber, 28 fat, 45 protein
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    want to bump for more ideas.

also what are people opinions on adding a flavourless protein to the mix to up protein the intake or would this not work?
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hmmm the most flavorless proteins I can think of are light white fish and chicken. Maybe tofu if you do soy. Any of those would be delish with a curry or coconut based flavor profile.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about soup for today!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I made this Broccoli Cheese Soup last week. Soooooo good. I added a bit of ham to it - bacon would be even better though.

http://kellythekitchenkop.com/low-carb-broccoli-cheese-soup

For my version with the ham -- 76% fat - 16% protein - 8% carbs
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love soup.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Go out onto the Internet and search low-carb soups, you will come up with a bunch of recipes out there. I make butternut squash, pumpkin, thai coconut chicken, broccoli and cheese, cauliflower, etc.