I'm sending my scale on a vacation

Options
Well, I finally hit that point where the honeymoon is over. After being on the MFP program since August, I have lost 13 pounds and am happy to have a new pants size. I still go round and round with the idea of whether or not to add all of my exercise calories in or just try the plan without doing that. When I add them in, it is sometimes just more than I can physically eat. I love to work out, but I hate the feeling of being physically depleted and run down due to lack of fuel. So, like a good rule follower, I do go ahead and add the calories into my daily requirements............but it is getting old seeing the scale move so dang slow as well as continue to hop around while it does the water dance depending on how many carbs I ate the day before. UGH!! It's just not as fun to watch that everyday like it was in the beginning. So I'm thinking that I will send my scale on a short vacation and stop weighing everyday (which I knew all along I shouldn't be doing). Finding that the tape measurer can also be a nice team mate in the weight loss marathon. I think I will try and weigh once a week or even once every 2 weeks. It's just too discouraging.........plus, I think I have been doing this long enough now that the novelty is wearing off and I'm feeling I need a little motivation since it feels like I am just not moving along. :sad:

Replies

• 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've made that same decision about the scale just this morning, the numbers have not changed in over 2 months,still the same clothing size since july,thought I'd be down at least one size by now,frustration! So I've decided to step away from the scale for 1 week, and will do my best to not panic as to what is going on with the fickel numbers,as for the tape measure,not sure what to do there,I've started back with strength training,and after 7 weeks my chest is up 1 inch, hips down 2,thats to be expected they say,again trying not to panic about the change on the chest.
    I do have to admit,I am seeing changes with my shape though.It's just mostly the frustration with the numbers on the scale,I'm begining to wonder if these last 45lbs will EVER go away,right now hoping just to get down 5, so I can again feel like I will get to goal!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I TAKE my scales on vacation. They have gone on a Caribbean cruise and to Las Vegas. FYI taking scales on a boat does not work. ????
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    I am now weighing on the scale the 1st and 15th of each month.
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself anymore, maybe once a month. The scale just does not move, and it is too frustrating to watch.
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW, I feel all of your frustration. It is so disappointing to weigh everyday. Down a pound one day and up two the next, especially when you have put so much work in watching/logging your food intake and trying to move as much as possible to get the metabolism pumping. Don't give up. I do weigh twice a week. It is so funny too, on Monday I weight high but by Wednesday I am down just a bit. So I take the bit as an encouragement. I've started looking at loosing ounces now instead of pounds just so I don't get so discouraged. :smile: