30 Day Shred challenge!

Options

Replies

• Maqui04
    Maqui04 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hope your friend gets better and you too cuz i know how is the dengue i live in Dominican Republic and 2 years ago i was sick with dengue and a lot more things it was 3 days in the clinique. I know youre going to see great results and you gonna feel awesome!
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first day on Level 3 :D
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow level 3 already! Good for you!

I am starting again. My doctor said it was OK because my knees are doing better, but to modify lunges. If they hurt again I will have to stop.

I did hasfit routines, similar to shred, so I am not starting over, just starting level 2 over. I will probably do another round once I complete level 3.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Yesss thank you. Have you tried Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds? is pretty awesome you just walk in your home 4 miles or 5, 3, 2 , 1, in youtube you will find her videos!

Is good to hear that. Dont do the jumping jacks there is a way to do it i think without the jumping
  • Care76
    Options
    Yeah the jumping jacks killed me after about 4 days the first time. I have an ultrasound next week so I'm kind of trying to see what I can do and can't. Like was it the jumping jacks that hurt them or the lunges? So this time I am modifying the lunges but doing the jumping jacks. Not sure if that makes sense, lol.
  • BeaFit
    BeaFit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started the 30D shred this week and I like it. I am only a little sore. Great way to switch up my exercise this month. This is my October routine then I think I'll start C25K in November
  • Maqui04
    Options
    I modify some lunges too because is hard for my right knee also jumping jacks sometimes are so freaking hard and is killing me but in level 3 jumping jacks are with handweights:( which is worse jajaja. But jumping jacks doesnt hurt you?
  • Maqui04
    Options
    The first 3 days the body hurts so bad but after that is awesome and we you start to see the change in your body is even better!. What is C25K?
  • Care76
    Options
    I modify some lunges too because is hard for my right knee also jumping jacks sometimes are so freaking hard and is killing me but in level 3 jumping jacks are with handweights:( which is worse jajaja. But jumping jacks doesnt hurt you?

Jumping jacks sent a killer sharp pain into my knees after the first week. Once I rested my knees they were OK to do jumping jacks. But last night my knees started to get more painful again. I might have to modify the jumping jacks too.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Yeah dont do it if you cant because is worse. The jumping lunges are hard too and my right knee is killing every day but finally on monday i will finish 30 DS
  • hapz99
    hapz99 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi guys, I have been eating healthy for almost 3 weeks and have decided to start working out now since I have gained some control over my eating! I started the 30 day shred today! It was painful and I couldn't do all of the exercises but I didn't quit! I usually end up quitting if something is too hard but I don't want to this time! It was painful but it feels good to know that I didn't quit! Im so happy there is a group to share this journey with!
  • meowlymary
    meowlymary Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing this for the month of November (right now I am committed to blogilates) along with weight lifting! So hopefully some people will still be working on it in November. I did it once before and the results were pretty awesome. I'm hoping it'll be a good way to prep for the holidays. We are already talking Thanksgiving menus at my in-laws, haha.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Congrats! Is amazing when you push yourself to do something that you know you can do! I finish my 30 Day Shred Challenge yesterday and i feel pretty happy i always say this but is true if i can do it you can do it! The first time i did this challenge back in September i though i know i cant do it for a month cuz thats a lot of commitment but even when i was out of the city i take my handweights with me and do all my exercise so if you wanna do it im sure you can.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Thats awesome since today i start Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels too and is a lot more easier i think but is pretty good hope to see more change in my body like with the Shred and also since October 6 i think im doing NMTZ with the Shred but now like i say i finish the Shred and until November 6 im gonna do NMTZ and going to do with the R30 the Body Revolution :D i feel full of energy.
  • Care76
    Options
    Congrats! Is amazing when you push yourself to do something that you know you can do! I finish my 30 Day Shred Challenge yesterday and i feel pretty happy i always say this but is true if i can do it you can do it! The first time i did this challenge back in September i though i know i cant do it for a month cuz thats a lot of commitment but even when i was out of the city i take my handweights with me and do all my exercise so if you wanna do it im sure you can.
    What were your results this time around?
  • Maqui04
    Options
    I have a really bad memory and i write the inches i have when i started and im like crazy trying to find it but i lost like 2 or 3 inches in the waist and in the arms and my legs i think still the same but a lot better shape also the rest of my body.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'm doing JM Body Revolution at the moment. I love/hate Jillian workouts! Great workouts, great results but you have to listen to your body.

After reading some of your comments about sore knees etc. I thought I would share a few things that I learned doing Shred, Ripped and Body Rev.

Proper training shoes are important, an old pair of running shoes won't cut it as well as the surface that you are doing the workout on. I workout in the basement so I bought at Walmart a 3/4" mat that pieces together like a puzzle it provides some cushioning against the hard cement floor. Modify if you have to the plyo moves took a toll on me.

I was doing Body Revolution last year around this time and I tore the tendon from the bone in my left hip area. It was horribly painful and I had to stop working out for a few months and endured lots of acupuncture, physio and massage therapy.

The cause of my problem was the lunges with the upper body twist holding a weight. I thought I was a badass and kept pushing myself to go deeper and twist farther! Hard lesson learned. I was able to start running again in February of this year and it was a long slow recovery process.

I just started doing Body Revolution two weeks ago and I'm doing it at my pace not hers. Instead of working out 6 days a week I am doing it 4 times a week and I'm not doing her cardio workout in addition to my running and hot yoga.

Well done everyone keep up the great workouts.

Karen
  • Maqui04
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. You are totally right we need to hear our body thats why i dont do one exercise of NMTZ because is putting the knee in the floor and then stand up and i know my knee wont be happy if i do that also i dont have a mat and my surface is hard so is difficult sometimes so and now my knee hurts me more so i dont do the lunges completely i just go as far as i can or i dont it because i walk a lot and i do a lot of exercise for my legs so im not worry about doing all the jumping lunges, etc... Can you please tell me about Body Revolution? And respond your body with Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred? Thank you
  • Care76
    Options
    Thanks SweetP. That is good advice. My knees have still been bothering me, although not as bad as they were. So I took today off and went for a massage! I might start level 3 tonight if I get my work done after my son goes to bed.

I just got body revolution. I would be interested in your thoughts on it too.
  • Maqui04
    Options
    I know how you feel my right knee is killing me and today i thought cant do exercise because of my back but i do RI30 but cant do NMTZ also i doing RI30 i feel a huge pain in the back of my left thigh arggg just when i was doing a lunge (Hope you all understand my english cuz is my second language my first language is spanish).