Hello!

Options
Hello!

My name is Bridget, I am 33 years old and have about 107lbs to lose. In 2009 and I was determined to take off the weight and did, the HEALTHY way. Smaller portions and lots of exercise. I ended up losing 80lbs. My life then became a little less stable and I went back to my crutch (HELLO food) when I wasn't emotionally happy. It took me two years to lose the 80 lbs and two years to gain almost 90lbs back. In May I lost my biggest cheerleader, my dad, due to complications with his heart. Had he taken care of himself a little better maybe he would still be here. I am restarting my weight loss journey in honor of my father, but also for myself. He would want me to be happy and to live and in order to really live I need to feel better about myself. Here's to all of us being one day more healthy and a 10 pound victory closer to our goal weight!

Replies

• JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridget! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. What a great way to honour his memory! You can do this :smile:
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill,

you did an awesome job on setting this up... I am switching over lol

I am more excited about hitting that next 10 pound mark than ever.

Does anyone else notice that when you get a pound away it kind of hangs there for awhile LOL :)

Tammy
  • madds2
    madds2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello thought I would join a group for motivation and to not be on this weight loss journey by myself. I really want to accomplish my goal this time of losing realistically 50 lbs. I have more to loss than that but this is my start to a healthier me. Plus I love reading what people are trying and what's new.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hello

• CKendell79
    CKendell79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm fairly new at all this! My youngest of three is already four and the weight just wasn't going anywhere. This New Years I made a revolution to use 2013 a time for a bunch of revolutions. Smoking, organized and a healthy lifestyle promoted by weight loss and better food choices for me and my family. On October 27th ill be six months smoke free and so far I'm down ten pounds!!! It's been tough because I like immediate gratification but at least it's the right direction. I've been on the 1200 calorie plan but I dont weigh and I don't always add my coffees for a little leniency;). I love the go for 10 lbs at a time goal and love the bag of potato analogy. Made me laugh, but it's true!