What gym do you go to?

Options
I am thinking about changing gyms. I want a 24/7 gym and was looking at Jetts. Anyone tried them?

Fitness first wants me to pay $26/week for 24/7 access - not happening!

Replies

• pauliie1986
    pauliie1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go to a Plus 24/7 gym and like it. I pay $26 per fortnight. You could see if you have one in your area and contact them to see if they will give you a trial pass.
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im AT Jetts Oakleigh. Have to say, it's pretty new so I'm not sure about older clubs but I cannot rave about oakleigh enough. The Jetts team are super helpful, get regular inspo on facebook, challenges through emails, free fitness magazines. It's around 23 a fortnight. Super safe. As a young girl who goes a lot by myself - that's pretty important to me for a 24 hour gym. equipments great. Just cant rave enough.

Only hesitation I had was coming from a gym that had classes wasn't sure if i would miss them. I dont - but thats a personal thing i guess. However, oakleigh also does boxing classes now restricted to small numbers, they do cost extra, but not a lot.

Jetts is my 3rd gym, and the one I have been most happy with. Happy hunting!
  • trina1704
    trina1704 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you have a zap in your area? I only pay $25 a fortnight for 24/7 access.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I go to a privatly owned gym, not a fan of the big chains.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I signed up to Jetts - looked really good when I was in there.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    I go to a Plus 24/7 gym and like it. I pay $26 per fortnight. You could see if you have one in your area and contact them to see if they will give you a trial pass.

I also go to Plus Fitness 24/7 - trial pass for one week then its $26 f/n. This is my first gym so cant compare others
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yay candiceh3! i hope you enjoy it, they share lots of fitspiration stuff on their facebook page. But get on to their magazines - theyre free, i find they are a bit aimed at body builders but still have great recipes.
  • KikiKray
    Options
    I go to Genesis.. I don't think there is many I pay $16 a week :)
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    I go to 24hr FIT in shepparton, vic. Nice gym, could be bigger but fits my needs perfectly. I book PT's sessions once a month to make sure i'm on the right track or ask questions. I really like it.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Cool. I just booked a PT to help me start my weight lifting program and make sure my form is ok. It is exciting!
  • LauraBee96
    LauraBee96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go to Goodlife in Adelaide. It's only $15 a week!
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Goodlife Health Club @ Wintergarden (in Brisbane CBD) and Holland Park
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I go to a Genesis gym in South Australia - they have just announced that they are going 27/7 by Christmas, with no increase in membership fees ... it costs about $15 a week.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Brighton gym but haven't been in a very long time. I have looked around, the 24/7 gyms are good but I think I need to look for somewhere with a creche. My work has a good gym but I'm on leave at the moment so can't use that......So for now. I go to the gym that is in my garage :smile:
  • radicalme
    Options
    I go to Snap Fitness and pay about $23 per fortnight! I highly recommend it. :)