Work outs

kbolton322
kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
What kind of work outs is everybody doing???

I'm running right now and starting November 18th I plan on starting Insanity back up.
I had to take break due to soccer for my kids..

Replies

• LaPearl1
    LaPearl1 Posts: 6 Member
    I really want to try Insanity. I have heard so many great things but my life is really busy with work, school and kids that I'm not sure if right now is the best time to start it. How long is a workout?
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    the first 30 days they are between 30 and 45 minutes the next 30 days are longer I hear bout a hour.. I had to stop before I got to month two.. soccer to over my life for a few weeks..
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    My exercise is mostly walking right now. I need a new bike, someone stole mine. My knees are mush and I have to be torally low impact.
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    I run once or twice a week, and then do pilates and also jump around on a rebounder. I struggle with fatigue so even though I prefer vigorous exercise (running), I have to really limit it or I'd end up in bed for a few days.

Who ever thought I'd be rationing running?

Getting older creates some strange new realities...
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    I need to get going on work outs. I did my first 5k in 2012 and I did really, really well when I was in "training". I made it to the gym 3+ times a week. Now it's really hard for me to stay consistent - I'll do great for one week and then bomb the next.

For some reason, I had it in my head that I had to go to the gym to work out. I had an 'a-ha' moment last night where I realized that I have an exercise bike sitting downstairs (duh!) and some weights that I can be using. I've been racking my brain trying to find a time to get to the gym and was about to give up because I just couldn't find the time. No clue why I didn't register the bike...I walk by it all the time and used to use it.
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    I try and do 3 one hour high intensity classes at Goodlife every week, the rest of the time I just walk or do Leslie Sansone walk at home videos
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    I do Jillian Michael's Total Body Revolution. I completed the 90 day program so now I just pick a couple DVD's (It comes with 15 DVDs) and workout a few times a week. They are 30 minute workouts and I usually burn between 300-400 calories according to my HRM.
  • Right now it's mostly just been short walks on my lunch breaks for me. My birthday is only a few weeks away, I'm hoping to either get an exercise bike for my birthday or buy one with my birthday money. I have several workout dvd's, I just need to buckle down and start using them!