Best Protein Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    I am a fan of the Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey powders. Have tried Cookies and Cream (not to fond of but very creamy with almond milk), double rich chocolate (yum), vanilla ice cream (another yum) and have just ordered some strawberry for a change.

I use them in shakes, proats, oaty protein slice, chocolate protein mug cake and pancakes. :happy:
  • wafflefred
    Options
    I've been using the Bulk Nutrients WPC. Flavour wise I like the chocolate/cookies & cream/vanilla, tolerate strawberry/banana (they taste a bit weird but need to be used up).
  • domcarrigan
    domcarrigan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your local health food store will give you samples to try

Bulk Nutrients will post you free samples of various flavours of WPI or WPC, via a link on their Facebook page

Thanks, I just did this.
  • domcarrigan
    domcarrigan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Bulk Nutrients WPC. Flavour wise I like the chocolate/cookies & cream/vanilla, tolerate strawberry/banana (they taste a bit weird but need to be used up).

Considering bulk buying 30kg if I like the free samples. So you would not recommend buying strawberry or banana?
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like International Protein Amino Charged WPI which I buy from here - http://ladyjane.com.au
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    I highly recommend Bulk Nutrients soy protein isolate. It's pretty cheap, at $19.00 for a kg (cheaper if you buy in a higher bulk), and really easy on the stomach. Taste isn't bad - I recommend the chocolate one.

Add in some ice and sugar free choc syrup, maybe a banana, and BAM!

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/view/Protein

Cheers!

+1 on Bulk Nutrients. There has been a lot of discussion on a couple of forums in the past few weeks discussing lab test results on a few of the cheaper protein retailers - Bulk Nutrients came up clean, unlike Venom Protein and No Bull Supplements, which were found to be nowhere near the protein ratio claimed on the packaging - they had been cut with additional carbs.

Hey,

After reading through this i decided to give bulk nutrients a try. I'm ~2weeks away from bulking and wanted to get a nice stock of powders ready, considering sometimes postage can take a week or whatever, but to my surprise I ordered Tuesday and it came Today (thursday) +1 for that i reckon. Great effort. I got the soy protein isolate and it was great, Choc one, with milk. I also have the vann and will try and get back to you guys.
  • manda1978
    Options
    whats the stats on the Bulk Nutrients? I need more powder..
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    whats the stats on the Bulk Nutrients? I need more powder..

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/soy-protein-isolate-flavoured-2kg/SPI02KGF

There's the link, 2kgs for $45. + PH ($12)

Soy Protein Isolate - Chocolate Per 100g
    Energy (kj) 1480
    Protein (g) 88
  • wwunderlust
    Options
    Hmm now I'm curious about BulkNutrients... might give that a shot.

my 2cents:

I used to love Dymatize Nutrition Elite in Fudge Brownie - Mr.Supplement (www.mrsupplement.com.au) sells them, very fast shipping, love ordering from them.

Cellucor's Peanbutter Marshmallow is great, but if youre looking for somehting more mixable, then Whipped Vanilla is pretty good too, great for mixing in with pancakes and shakes. Also available @ Mr.Supplement.

Stands to note that I scoured Adelaide for both brands, but could only find them online :c Y'may have better luck in other states.
  • velvoid
    velvoid Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is lots of research that proves Soy Protein Isolate is as good as WPI for gains, it is the only plant source that is a complete protein. I made the switch a month ago and bought unflavoured SPI from a store called Megapolis on ebay. You need to mix it with more water because it thickens more than WPI. I add a heaped teaspoon of instant coffee which makes it taste OK. At $45 for 4kg it was a great deal. I have made significant gains since starting on it and my stomach is definitely less bloated.
  • jkfriday
    Options
    Damn. I got a sample pack from Venom a few weeks back, enjoyed pretty much all the flavours, so ordered 4kg (four lots of 1kg, different flavours) and yeah, I'm finding that the flavours that I thought were great are actually getting really old really fast, and are way to sweet and chemically-tasting. The price was good, sure, but now I'm hearing that the nutritional info might not even be legit? Lame. Will check Bulk Nutrients for my next order.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Recently had to change my protein powder after coming back to Aus. Not a big fan of the chalky after taste of some powders so after discussing this with the sales person I bought ISO sensation - choc flovour and have been very pleased with it. It's not to sweet but sweet enough that it will hold its own when mixed with either unsweetened almond milk or low fat soy.
  • belle_82
    Options
    I like Aussie Bodies vanilla personally, find it no where near as sweet as I have found many powders to be.
  • manda1978
    Options
    check out www.iherb.com for supplements, very cheap, fast shipping. I put in an order on Tues and it was here on Fri (coming fron the US). I buy quest protein bars, xtend, l-canitine etc ( best protein bars I've every had)
  • tasha_1306
    tasha_1306 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate in Extreme Milk Choc. It's great with water or milk. I've just ordered my 2nd big tub. It can be more expensive then some others though.