What Are Your Plans To Stay On Track This Week?

Options
amy_kee
amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
Hi,
I was wondering what you were going to be doing to stay on track with your food and exercise goals?

I'm working real hard to track every bit of food and drink I consume, every day. I joined a challenge group a few weeks back that is really helping me stay committed to staying within my calorie goal too.

I'm also going to exercise more than an hour Monday through Saturday. Today, Sunday, I'm fixing to get in 20 min walking or 30 + min of Zumba from a DVD I have here at home.

I'd love to hear from you.

Let's get this group going! :smile:
Amy

Replies

• tomthompson1
    tomthompson1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I also joined a challenge group, walkers, it has already pushed me and that's a good thing! I'm increasing water and even if a meal or two for the week I eat with my family out, I still stay under by having half or smaller portions, I was on a plateau for about 4 weeks, but I have lost 1 pound for three consecutive days, maybe coincidence? but I'm taking it and working harder now! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • amy_kee
    Options
    Tom, that is great what you are doing. It's so good that you are able to eat the smaller portions out with your family like that too. All that extra walking is really paying off for you now. I'm glad you joined that challenge group. I've upped my water intake too Tom. It does seem to make a very positive difference, doesn't it? It feels great when the weight is coming off of us, like what you are experiencing now Tom. You are working for it in all the right ways. Keep it up!
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a new challenge of my own - at the place I work out, they have started to endorse Advocare products, and along with it they started a 24 Day Challenge that is just what I need to jump start my metabolism and get things moving again! At least I hope so...I have been at a kinda plateau for quite a while and although I'm not UNhappy with where I'm at, I thought this would be a great way to try to move forward! So my best friend is doing it, along with others from the gym, and I'm super excited!!! well about everything but the fiber drink this morning
    BLUCK! happy Monday all!
  • tomthompson1
    Options
    Thank you Amy, I really appreciate your support! It sounds like you have a really good plan Amy, having a plan and then the hardest part
    sticking to it! Real life can surely get in the way and while there will be a million times or so it seems, that we fall off the fitness horse, it's the getting back up and riding the crap out it that counts!!! Had lunch with a life long friend today, ate a burger with cheese and fries and half a bun, but by tonight I will be under, for sure!!!

Thanks again Amy, great motivation you are!!
  • amy_kee
    Options
    dmchiz,
    Wow, they even have a new challenge at your gym! How nice that you joined in on it. That's good that you'll doing it with your best friend and others from the gym too. That should create a great group for this challenge and spur you on better too. I love your excitement over it!! :love: Chug that fiber drink in the morning b/c that should be so good for you. Maybe you could also use cold water in it. That might help out too. I bet that helps to fill you up in the morning too. What else are you taking besides the fiber drink in the mornings? Also, what kind of exercise do you do when you work out?

Tom,
    Yes, the sticking to the plan it the big part, after you've got going. I hope you get some good walking in today! That was a good idea about not eating all of the bun today.

I did some unexpected exercise today. I did a lot of swimming in the pool at the gym today. The aqua aerobics instructor is out on vacation and they couldn't find a replacement, so, I swam for about 2 hours. My arms and back got a big workout today doing that.

I hope you all have a great, nutritious supper! I'm going to work on that too.
  • tomthompson1
    Options
    wtg Amy! Swimming is huge, and for 2 hours...they would've had to pull me out of the pool, lol

yes, dinner was great, 1/2 grilled chicken breast!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm going to try to not go over my calories for the week, eat more fruits and veggies, drink more water, and walk every day!
  • amy_kee
    Options
    akp4,...I like those goals! They should really bring in some good results. How did you today with those goals?
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stay within my calorie goals, drink more water, eat more fruit and veggies and to pack my lunch and breakfast every day so I don't get tempted to go out.
  • amy_kee
    Options
    beachgirl, that was a lot of nice goals. How have you been progressing with that this week?
    Amy
  • akp4Him
    Options
    Ate lots of veggies and fruits, walked, and am on my 9th cup of water. I should be just at my calorie limit by tonight. Thanks!
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amy - thanks for asking. I did pretty well with my goals this week. Ate lots of fruit since I needed to use up the strawberries I bought. I did eat out quite a bit this past weekend as I wound up having to work but I did pretty well considering.

This week I'm packing my lunch/snacks the night before so all I'll have to do is grab the bag from the fridge.
  • amy_kee
    Options
    beachgirl,
    I'm glad that you managed your goals well last week. It is much harder to manage our food goals when we eat out. That is an excellent plan for this week about packing all your food for the next day, the night before. You go beachgirl.!!! Wonderful plans like that are what it's all about. :happy:
  • tomthompson1
    Options
    walking on treadmill is my primary workout, so longer walks and more water, lots more!
  • jcbrn12
    jcbrn12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I joined a local bootcamp that uses cross training. I'm the oldest by far, but I'm holding my own! My family gets a kick out of my "stiff walk" the next day but I'm really loving the challenge and positive endorphorins it gives!
    Looking forward to linking with fellow members!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi ive started a two week diet break for fitness reasons ( hormone and leptin balance ) So the challenge is to eat at roughly
    maintenance but not too much, which is more challenging that calorie counting!
    Also Im really getting into my strength training programme now and need to visit the gym regularly!
  • folgerslady
    Options
    I do not know what Im going to do exactly to lose this weight. I just joined...Any suggestions?
  • akp4Him
    Options
    I do not know what Im going to do exactly to lose this weight. I just joined...Any suggestions?

Right now, I would start with something easy. Perhaps walking? Get used to that...then move on to something more.
  • folgerslady
    Options
    I am going to increase my water, walk more, increase my exercises a little more every day.
  • folgerslady
    Options
    Thanks!:happy: