My cut - 4 weeks in

Options
After an 8 week reset, I just completed the first four weeks of my cut. My average burn according to my Fitbit was 2279. My average calorie intake was 1792. My macro goals are 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. I aim to get all my protein in first and let the other two fall where they may. I have been doing stage 2 of New Rules of Lifting for Women three times a week and walking for 45 minutes on most days (aiming for 10,000 steps, but that is a challenge some days). I started out thinking I was taking a 15% cut, but it ended up being a 20% cut. I have 18 pounds to lose now, so I will adjust my daily calorie goal up a little.

I have lost three pounds and one-half inch off my bust, waist and hips! :happy:

I sometimes fall into the mindset of wanting to take a steeper cut and get through this process quickly. I feel like I have made progress just being aware of those thoughts and being able to shake them loose. I read the posts on this group and the EM2WL website for encouragement and support when I need it. I remind myself that if I do this right, I will be able to maintain a healthy body weight and stop the yo-yo dieting.

Hoping that is post can help someone going through their reset and wondering if this will actually work. It is working for me!

Replies

• s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So happy it is working for you! Sounds like you are one of the many that will never go back to the low-cal solution again! Congrats on giving the process the time that it needs, and thanks for sharing!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, especially the loss of inches!! I am sure this post will help many, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is fantastic.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Wow Thats great :)
    Im anxiously waiting for my reset to be over, ive just started my week 4 :) and i plan of eating at TDEE next fur weeks as well :)

We all have doubts but when i read such success stories, the inspire me to hang on to this :)

WTG !!

After an 8 week reset, I just completed the first four weeks of my cut. My average burn according to my Fitbit was 2279. My average calorie intake was 1792. My macro goals are 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. I aim to get all my protein in first and let the other two fall where they may. I have been doing stage 2 of New Rules of Lifting for Women three times a week and walking for 45 minutes on most days (aiming for 10,000 steps, but that is a challenge some days). I started out thinking I was taking a 15% cut, but it ended up being a 20% cut. I have 18 pounds to lose now, so I will adjust my daily calorie goal up a little.

I have lost three pounds and one-half inch off my bust, waist and hips! :happy:

I sometimes fall into the mindset of wanting to take a steeper cut and get through this process quickly. I feel like I have made progress just being aware of those thoughts and being able to shake them loose. I read the posts on this group and the EM2WL website for encouragement and support when I need it. I remind myself that if I do this right, I will be able to maintain a healthy body weight and stop the yo-yo dieting.

Hoping that is post can help someone going through their reset and wondering if this will actually work. It is working for me!
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options

We all have doubts but when i read such success stories, the inspire me to hang on to this :)

This is why I posted. I have read so many inspiring posts that kept me committed to the reset. I have seen so many before and after pictures when lifting heavy helped reshape a body that keeps me committed to lifting.

Most of all, the posts I have read on this group remind me that I am not alone.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work. :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad this is working well for you!!!!! You will have those pounds down in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!