Eating + Exercise

Options
jadisfeigns
jadisfeigns Posts: 57 Member
Hello I was referred that maybe this group could help me answer what I'm looking for.

I'm still on a journey to having a healthy, fit body, so I have lots of questions, as always.
(I'm on trying to bulk, but I do want to strengthen up certain areas, and maybe cut down on fat in the slightest)

I have done scooby's calculator to find that a woman around 123, my age, 5'4", will have a TDEE of 2000 calories, roughly, at moderate exercise 3-5 hours a week. I love to rollerblade, which I do for an hour, estimating 8-10 mph. I'm also starting up weights, 10 lb dumbells.

My problem is that most of the time, i will out eat my exercise. If I feel the slightest twinge, or a slight drop in energy...I will want to eat.

Should I ignore that and wait full on for the hunger growls...or is my exercise too intense, and I should really just do walking, or maybe even jogging?

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hello I was referred that maybe this group could help me answer what I'm looking for.

I'm still on a journey to having a healthy, fit body, so I have lots of questions, as always.
    (I'm on trying to bulk, but I do want to strengthen up certain areas, and maybe cut down on fat in the slightest)

You will not reduce fat on a bulk, you will gain fat. You may be able to do a combination of fat loss and muscle gain if you eat at maintenance and do everything correctly but it's generally not going to be as efficient as cyclical bulking/cutting.
    My problem is that most of the time, i will out eat my exercise. If I feel the slightest twinge, or a slight drop in energy...I will want to eat.

Should I ignore that and wait full on for the hunger growls...or is my exercise too intense, and I should really just do walking, or maybe even jogging?

Thank you in advance!

Your goal is to bulk. I will assume you are eating in a caloric surplus and slowly gaining weight? What has your body-weight done in the past 4-6 weeks and is this correct that you are attempting to gain weight?
  • jadisfeigns
    jadisfeigns Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the confusion..Fast typing :(

I'm not trying to bulk, but more gain muscle, lose fat. I would say that I may be trying to maintain my body weight at this point .

I don't purposefully eat a surplus, more than anything I have triggers of food that will eventually put me into way past a 250 calorie surplus (i'll end up eating 3000 or more calories a day when I have intended 1500-2000 calories)

I'd say in the past 4-6 weeks, I've gone from 118-123 lbs. I don't chart it, but i can start charting it now, if that makes it easier.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging