please share your avacado ideas !

Options
I used to have a low carb wrap, with Sara Lee turkey breast, grilled red peppers & a whole avacado, then grilled the whole thing (after appetizing with olive oil.....oh....yummy....goodness, but that would be my whole days worth of carbs these days.....so I need some new ways of eating avacado...oh, and I tried one, mashed with tuna :noway:

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In the new Atkins cookbook there is a Mexican avocado salad. Yummy!!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Things I like to do with avocado: http://www.pinterest.com/search/my_pins/?q=avocado
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I may be a weirdo but I like it chopped up into chunks in a bowl with full fat mayo or ranch dressing.

You can still do wraps. I substitute the wrap with big green lettuce leaves. Make sure all sauces are as low carb as possible with lots of fat.

I can wrap anything in lettuce. Tuna, chicken, egg salad, cream cheese with seeds and avocado always goes in. :-)
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for low carb wraps make Oopsie bread! It works perfectly as a wrap, or in place of a tortilla in enchiladas. I usually make 5 from a recipe which makes ones that are a little bit larger than a fajita size tortilla but you can make them as big or small as you want. I put them between waxed paper in a zip lock and they keep in the fridge forever. Just warm a few seconds in the wave when you want to use them. Here's the recipe:

Oopsies
    6–8 depending on size.

3 eggs
    100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cream cheese
    a pinch of salt
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    •Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
    •Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
    •Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. •Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
    •Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
    •Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
    •You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds. One big Oopsie can be used for a swiss roll: Add a generous layer of whipped cream and some berries. Enjoy.

Less strict: some bread
    Can’t live without real bread? Then have a thin piece of bread and add lots of butter and toppings. The more butter and toppings the less bread you need to feel satisfied.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nothing fancy, but I have avocado often as a side just sprinkled with sea salt or lately truffle salt.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    One of my faves that I have for lunch very often: Bacon, Egg, Avocado and Tomato Salad: 1 avocado, cut into chunks; 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into chunks; small tomato, cut into chunks; 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled. Combine all ingredients gently so as not to lose chunky shape. Add salt & pepper to taste. You might like to squeeze a bit of lemon as well.
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ^this!

You can also do a modified cobb salad:
    Lettuce
    Avocado
    Bacon
    Egg
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Blue cheese/BC dressing.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for low carb wraps make Oopsie bread! It works perfectly as a wrap, or in place of a tortilla in enchiladas. I usually make 5 from a recipe which makes ones that are a little bit larger than a fajita size tortilla but you can make them as big or small as you want. I put them between waxed paper in a zip lock and they keep in the fridge forever. Just warm a few seconds in the wave when you want to use them. Here's the recipe:

Oopsies
    6–8 depending on size.

3 eggs
    100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cream cheese
    a pinch of salt
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    •Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
    •Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
    •Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. •Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
    •Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
    •Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
    •You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds. One big Oopsie can be used for a swiss roll: Add a generous layer of whipped cream and some berries. Enjoy.

Less strict: some bread
    Can’t live without real bread? Then have a thin piece of bread and add lots of butter and toppings. The more butter and toppings the less bread you need to feel satisfied.

This sounds amazing thanks :)