*Official Week Three Thread*

Options
soccerella
soccerella Posts: 623 Member
Hi everyone
Welcome to week 3! Some people fell to the dreaded week two curse while others were able to knowck it out of the park! Our over all biggest loser was AshleyMegg from the Yellow team and our team BL was the Purple team. Your individual team biggest losers were:
Red:mnharrington
Orange:VeganMafia
Yellow: AshleyMeggg 
Green:tambam72 
Blue:devans25 
Purple:katonaroof

Nice job everyone!

Last nights show was about bidding and losing. The gym was empty and the teams bid on equipment to use, basically trying to get the equipment their trainers use the most. When they didn’t get what they typically use, they had to get creative

Im trying to think of a good way to do this challenge and here is what I’ve come up with. ****Let me know what you guys think of this***** If its too complicated or alot of people really hate it, then I can try to come up with something else

Each player on your team has 100 crunches to bid with. There will be several fitness items up for auction and you get to bid on which of these you would like to use as your main workout for the week. You can save your crunch payments and not bid on anything, but the catch is you cannot use any equipment for your main workout that week.

For example, we are bidding on using the treadmill. Me and Jen both want it. I bid 50 crunches and she bids 75. I decide to not go any higher and she wins the auction. This means Jen must do 75 crunches to pay for her treadmill usage. She is then able to use the treadmill as much as she wants all week. I still have all 100 of my crunches left so use them to bid for hand weights and workout videos instead. I do my 100 crunches and am able to use both of those things as much as I want this week, but cannot use the other items on the list as my main workouts. It rains one day so I use my treadmill and that’s ok, but it is not my main workout for the week. If you don’t win any of the auctions, then you don’t have to do any crunches, but you also don’t get any equipment to use. This is where you have to get creative and find other ways to get your workouts in – using things around the house for weights, bodyweight exercises, running outside or going for a walk, etc. I wont take everything away from you completely because I know that’s hard, so you can have 2 days where you can use equipment you didn’t win, but the other days you have to use only the equipment you won or wasn’t on the list.

Just to make sure you all understand, we’ll do a mock auction in this page for the next couple hours. Please bid (up to your 100 crunches) for what you’d like just so people can get an idea. Bids will start at 5 crunches and go up in that increment (unless you are so obsessed with one piece of equipment that you bid a high number right away).

Heres what you have to bid on:
Treadmill
Elliptical
Stationary bike
Hand weights
Exercise classes (at a gym)
Rowing machine
Exercise videos –
Upper body weight machines (at a gym)
Lower body weight machines (at a gym)

And just to make it more complicated, you can “buy” crunches from your teammates. If im desperate to get the treadmill, I might offer to “buy” 25 of Jen’s crunches just to make sure I get it. The catch is that every crunch you buy from another player is equal to 5 crunches owed. So if I buy those 25 crunches, I have to do 125 whether I end up winning with them or not.

We did a quick practice auction with these so you can get an idea. I will start it off bidding 5 crunches each for exercise videos and hand weights. Ill update here with current bids as we go through it as well. Once you get the hang of it, go ahead and post in your team threads. The auctions will end at 8pm tomorrow night, or once everyone has used all their points (whichever comes first), to give you all time to do your workouts this week

Remember to keep track of what you have! Don’t bid 75 on one thing and 50 on another if you only have 100 crunches or youll have to forfeit one.

I realize this is a little different than the challenges we normally do, but hopefully it will help you to get creative with your workouts and inspire you to try something different than you normally do! When you report this week, make sure you post in your thread what you won (if anything) how many crunches you did to pay for it, and any times you used other items on this list. To get a complete this week you can only use items you didn’t win on two days, and you must complete all th crunches you bet for items you won. If you’re someone whose only exercise is running outside everyday, then I guess you are golden for this week since you don’t need equipment ;)

optional challenge: Complete the "Ghostly gallop" - Tomorrow is halloween and your goal is to complete a 5k (3.1 miles) You can do this walking, jogging, skipping, etc. You might even get it just walking the kiddos around trick or treating! Let us know what you did, how you felt, and especially if you were in costume or not. If you complete it your reward is a piece of halloween candy of your choice

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hand weights 15 crunches
    Exercise videos 15 crunches
  • kaylikee
    kaylikee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is going to confuse me lol ok..
    exercise videos-30
    Treadmill-15
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Exercise videos - 50 crunches
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Exercise Videos 35
    Hand Weights 20
    Elliptical 5
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Is this the official auction or practice?
  • soccerella
    Options
    Is this the official auction or practice?

This is just a practice one - the official ones will be done by teams in your personal team thread, so that there is a better chance of each person getting something they want and easier to keep track of ;)

current bids:

Treadmill - mentalmunchie, 100 crunches
    Elliptical - Loveme445, 5 crunches
    Stationary bike
    Hand weights - Loveme445, 20 crunches
    Exercise classes (at a gym)
    Rowing machine
    Exercise videos – MichelleP418, 50 crunches
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    lol ooh I need those!!

Weights-40 crunches
    Exercise Videos-60 crunches
  • soccerella
    Options
    lol ooh I need those!!

Weights-40 crunches

OK So now here is a good example - kyoung1908 has now bet all her 100 crunches. If the auction ends now, she would win both of these. However if someone outbids her, she would either have to just choose one item to bid on, or else "buy" crunches from a teammate
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lol ooh I need those!!

Weights-40 crunches

Exercise videos 80 crunches
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Classes at Gym - 30 crunches
    Treadmill - 30 crunches
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So does this mean I can give my 100 crunches to the green teams coach to go towards the elliptical?? Cause if so count me in :D
  • mentalmunchie
    mentalmunchie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Treadmill 100 crunches
  • soccerella
    Options
    So does this mean I can give my 100 crunches to the green teams coach to go towards the elliptical?? Cause if so count me in :D

yes but that means that person would have to do 500 crunches for it....and these are for individual peoples use not for a team. You will do an auction in your teams thread for each of these items
  • soccerella
    Options
    current bids
    Treadmill - mentalmunchie, 100 crunches
    Elliptical - Loveme445, 5 crunches
    Stationary bike
    Hand weights - kyoung1908, 40 crunches
    Exercise classes (at a gym) - khearron26. 30- crunches
    Rowing machine
    Exercise videos – MichelleP418 , 80 crunches
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    20 for elliptical!
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Will you provide the items we need to auction off??? OR is that a list we need to come up with as a team?
    Mell
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Elliptical 25

Hand Weights 45
  • soccerella
    Options
    Will you provide the items we need to auction off??? OR is that a list we need to come up with as a team?
    Mell

it should be this list shown here
  • MelissaTay30
    Options
    Ok so I only use my treadmill but it is already maxed out at 100 cunches does that meant that it is off limits? Or can I still get it with my 100 crunches?
  • soccerella
    Options
    Ok so I only use my treadmill but it is already maxed out at 100 cunches does that meant that it is off limits? Or can I still get it with my 100 crunches?

the only way to get it now is if you buy someones crunches off them
This discussion has been closed.