bored eating

Options
liv0512
liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
Okay so I have started my lifestyle change so that I can lose weight and get fit. There is just one problem. When its my day off work I sit at home and I get bored especially when all washing, cleaning etc is done. I get lazy, bored and its then I feel like eating. I dont know but I feel like just grabbing a bag of chips and eating the whole lot.

I bored eat, does anyone have this problem?? what do u do?

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I do have the same problem, but I also want to overeat when I've had a bad day or am depressed. I spend a lot of time on MFP, reading the news feed and the forums. Sometimes I can get help from posts from people who express themselves well and say helpful things. I also knit and read, which helps with the boredom.

Sometimes I put on some fast music and stomp around the house. It helps with the bad moods.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am the same way when I get bored but also when I'm mad, sad, etc. I like to read when I'm in one of my moods or listen to music. Good luck!
  • MeghanMegabit
    MeghanMegabit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have an especially bad time on Sunday nights so this week I'm going to make it a point to go to spin class at 7pm. That should cut into my boredom and anxiety about the work week coming.
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    okay still feeling hungry even though my homemade butter chicken was heap of calories and if I eat anything else I am bound to go over even with my exercise today :(