Slip Ups

Options

Replies

• Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I lose the challenge.. binged so ferociously and for long that can 't even remember what i ate or how much No way, am not going to try to log it. i feel dreadful
    Still technically October though right? I am in?
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, not a full blown binge but since this is about being accountable here it is.... Two homemade chocolate chip cookies and some chips as soon as I walked in the door from work. I wasn't even hungry but I was home and that's my trigger. Still within my calories but it means a very light dinner tonight!

Jen
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I feel really bad. What you guys call "binging" I would barely even call overeating.
    Confession: on Sunday I was sad so I ate an entire package of oreos and a pint of cookie-dough ice cream
    I went over my calorie limit yesterday and today
    Still lost three pounds though?
    I think maybe my scale's broken

Believe me, my out of control binges are a hell of a lot worse than what I mentioned earlier, my slip up this time was a small one, with the potential to be huge but I forcibly had to stop myself, it was only for the fact that I had it in the forefront of my mind that I want to stop these repetitive binge sessions and I was lucky enough my willpower was high enough at the time! I'm dreading when the big urge hits while I'm feeling low :(
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I had pizza saturday, a whole medium one to myself. :blushing:

I also today then, must have ate at least 3 (190kcal) chocolate bars and 3 slices of toast, all over my original calorie intake. I am/was tired, anxious and feeling a bit emotional when I ate them.

Here's to tomorrow. :drinker: A good day.

I LOVE the little rhino dreaming of being a unicorn in your profile cartoon!

This is painful...:blushing: yesterday I ate the frosting off two mini muffins and a piece of cake from the Blubber Fridge in my office. I ate one whole muffin and threw away the second one and the piece of cake after I ate the frosting. That's actually an improvement over some days I've had. I don't know why I did that, except maybe I wanted a treat, something special above and beyond the apples I bring for snacks. I have to mentally connect the junk in the office to ruining my body.

I often do this as well. Its may way of not going overboard I guess. I wil literally throw things away just so I wont eat them!

Frosting is the best part!! >.<
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    UGH slipped up yesterday and today. Had 2 small popcorns at the movies last night, extra butter (at the time it just tasted so good, and I rarely go to the movies. I needed to eat more beforehand but i just didn't.)! then today after weighing myself and discovering i did very well, i had a bit of a celebration with some pizza with everything. Unfortunately i was alone and now picking at the pizza turned into eating the entire thing. I was proud of my weight loss, but also felt quite lonely. I don't have a weight loss buddy off of MFP, so i think the celebratory aspect was overshadowed by the loneliness. Listing my trigger foods and starting with popcorn and Pizza. UGH.

Moving on.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    UGH slipped up yesterday and today. Had 2 small popcorns at the movies last night, extra butter (at the time it just tasted so good, and I rarely go to the movies. I needed to eat more beforehand but i just didn't.)! then today after weighing myself and discovering i did very well, i had a bit of a celebration with some pizza with everything. Unfortunately i was alone and now picking at the pizza turned into eating the entire thing. I was proud of my weight loss, but also felt quite lonely. I don't have a weight loss buddy off of MFP, so i think the celebratory aspect was overshadowed by the loneliness. Listing my trigger foods and starting with popcorn and Pizza. UGH.

Moving on.

Moving on is right!

You always have us to come talk to if you feel lonley! Create a Topic and we WILLL respond! =)

So, as far as the pizza, definately hard to eat just a portion! We want to eat the whole damn thing! haha so in the future, maybe only order the amount you plan to eat? That way you wont be tempted by it sitting there?

Good luck! Keep posting!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Moving on.

Serenity, sending you a hug! You CAN do this! If you feel blue and want to eat to comfort yourself, try something else.... get up, put on some positive music, or go to youtube and find an exercise video you can follow.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    I LOVE the little rhino dreaming of being a unicorn in your profile cartoon!
    Thank you, feel free to 'steal' it if you like. :smile:

Well, this week has just been horrendous calorie wise... Yesterday I ate a bit over 2000kcal... and it felt gooooooood, I went to bed feeling the most stuffed I have done in months.

Today hasn't been too good either, a take away and candies so far. Few hours left till bedtime yet too. :laugh:

What can I say, I'm giving myself a few days off. I'll be back on track Monday, honest. :drinker:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    Gave in and bought a package of cookies from the vending machine at work.

Only ate one though! Brought me just 128 over my daily cals. So not bad at all =)

Saving the other one to work into my cals tomorrow!
  • sandeerah
    Options
    Good on you VanillaBean! I don't know if I could have been that strong.

Yesterday, I don't know. Sort of wasn't a binge, but I certainly didn't eat healthily and I am pretty sure it wasn't in my calorie limits.

We got 1 days notice that the painter was coming around to paint the inside of our house. So I spent all day lugging furniture, stressing, cleaning, undercoating doors etc. So I didn't eat what I normal would have, I ate easy. Sandwiches, (peanut butter of course yum) KFC for dinner, yoghurt, lollies... pretty much what ever was easily on hand.

Back into it today. I am sooo tired now though. I cant let the tiredness cause a binge. I will be strong.

Sandra
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    Good on you VanillaBean! I don't know if I could have been that strong.

Yesterday, I don't know. Sort of wasn't a binge, but I certainly didn't eat healthily and I am pretty sure it wasn't in my calorie limits.

We got 1 days notice that the painter was coming around to paint the inside of our house. So I spent all day lugging furniture, stressing, cleaning, undercoating doors etc. So I didn't eat what I normal would have, I ate easy. Sandwiches, (peanut butter of course yum) KFC for dinner, yoghurt, lollies... pretty much what ever was easily on hand.

Back into it today. I am sooo tired now though. I cant let the tiredness cause a binge. I will be strong.

Sandra

Some days are grab and go days. No time to make things from scratch right? And those days are hard for me as well because those grab and go items do NOT fill me up!

Take back today and take a nap! =)
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was bad and had a bingey yesterday, i had large meals and fizzy drinks and smothered my pasta dinner with cheese sauce without touching neither veggies nor salad. Yesterday was a really long day at uni, 9-18, and I needed a good refill. As usual, I forgot to bring a lunch, so I bought a stuffed baguette and washed it down with cola. When we hit the shop, neither of us knew what we wanted for dinner so we just grabbed something quick and vegetarian. Long days are long, and I need to get better at bringing lunches!

Today hasn't been much better, with skipping breakfast and having a fizzy drink and pastry with my lunch sandwich. This is within my calories, but still terrible choices. I'm hitting my fitness group today, so I hope to use the calories for some good at least.
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ignore the ending of my last post. We ended up with domino's. I ate 3/4 of a medium pizza, with two leftover slices for me to eat this week.

I hope November fares better
  • karriechambers
    karriechambers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am soooo frustrated myself, I almost should lock said cupboard since I can't control what my stepsons mom buys him for his lunches which is my weak spot. I have even told her to stop buying the crap, but she won't because he doesn't need it either! Not sure where to go from here, so very discouraged. My "practice" few days before November at not panning out too well!
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've stagnated at 190 after dropping from 215 by removing processed carbs. I cannot seem to get below this number, give or take a couple lbs. It's been months... and very discouraging. So I chalk it up to mini-binging. I must eat more than a fit person and since I've never been a healthy weight, I just don't know what normal eating looks/feels like. I've got to start calorie tracking but I can never last for more than a couple of days.
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I slipped up & ate a French frie burger from burger king. Later, I had five snack size pieces of chocolate candy. It all equalled up to over 500 cals & I went over my cal goals for the day buy over 500cals. I felt so bad, but I found the strength to go to the gym at 10pm & I burned 400cals on the treadmill & did 30 mins of strength training. I felt so much better about myself afterwards because that's real progress for me I'm becoming so much happier with my choices. I'm learning everyday to take responcibility for my actions when it comes to my health & fitness.
  • seren1ty74
    Options
    Yesterday, I slipped up & ate a French frie burger from burger king. Later, I had five snack size pieces of chocolate candy. It all equalled up to over 500 cals & I went over my cal goals for the day buy over 500cals. I felt so bad, but I found the strength to go to the gym at 10pm & I burned 400cals on the treadmill & did 30 mins of strength training. I felt so much better about myself afterwards because that's real progress for me I'm becoming so much happier with my choices. I'm learning everyday to take responcibility for my actions when it comes to my health & fitness.

good job Venisha!!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    For those who may not know. I started this group. Today the temptations at work with all the candy were too much and I had another binge.

Its the first one since Oct 19th.. and tomorrow is the very first official No Binge November day, and I need you all more than ever.

lets do this!! :explode:
  • seren1ty74
    Options
    we are here! I somehow steered clear of Halloween goodies all day today. However, I have not prepped my meals for this week, and have been eating out for dinner every night this week. Tonight was an old fast food favorite, Popeye's fried chicken and fries. I feel just awful, emotionally and physically (ugh) and trying not to beat myself up. Instead, I listed my goals for November which include the goal of this group. I am readying myself for quite a challenge, since when the time changes I get complacent and make bad choices. I hope to lean on the new support systems i am finding here at MFP and elsewhere!!
  • sandeerah
    Options
    Well done Vanilla on yesterday being your only binge since mid October. That is a great effort, even though you had a binge yesterday.

I had a binge yesterday too. We were given a gift basket filled with shortbread biscuits, almond biscuits, grissini's, chocolates, chocolate biscuits. They got opened and well, I cant control myself around this sort of stuff. Normally I don't have it in my house for this very reason. Kinda makes me nervous as these sort of gifts will be given more often in the lead up till Christmas.

Today is the first of November here for me. There are some biscuit packets still open. I have had a few, I really, really want to eat them all. Gah! :grumble: trying so hard not to...

Here is to No Binge November. We can DO IT!