Successful Hunt Thread

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share this picture I had on my camera the other night. It is the craziest rack I've seen. He is an 8 pointer even though in this pic you can't really see it. I hope I get a chance at him. This pic is only 19 yards from my stand.

901d29fd-1948-4359-87d3-e5b4af5326f9_zpsaa29f5d6.jpg
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Looks like he slept on his left horn the wrong way, new meaning to bed head. LOL>
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Carriebeard, congrats on the doe!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome pic. Love bucks with crazy horns like that.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    check this beast out!! he visited my stand at midnight. I think I might pee down my leg a little if he walks into my range!!!

c4d1b939-006b-4e92-8bac-1685d2a20684_zps989facc7.jpg
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Nice big body to that beast.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    DeerDand2013_zps1ed670aa.jpg

This is an Colorado eastern plains mule deer. We guided for our friend.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    In my stand before sunrise this morning. around 9am I hear a snap. I see 2 does walking towards me. They get about 60 yards and stop. 3 more appear and they all continue to slowly stroll towards me. they start to follow their typical pattern and they're moving behind me like I want them to. as they start heading down the run to my shooting zone they all suddenly stop, heads go up, tails go up and they are gone. 30 seconds later....*kitten* with his yellow lab come walking by!!! I can't lie...I said some things! FRUSTRATED!!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    @Nanadena

That's a nice doe. Congrats to your friend.

@vaderandbill

That sucks. My buddy had a guy ride his mountain bike past his stand on Sat as a nice buck was walk up the hill.

I saw 3 bucks Sat in a 30min span. Passed on a big 7point (kicking my self as he walked away after watching him and getting a better look at him) then saw a bigger 10 point, but never can into range. My buddy in the afternoon saw 4 different buck, but no shots. I am off for a week and a half to end our archery season, so hopefully I can connect in that time frame.
  • Nanadena
    Options
    I just shot my first coyote!!!! I had no phone, so no camera. Going to go back and bring him in ☺☺☺
  • hunter1025
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Great job. The best coyotes are the dead ones!
  • Nanadena
    Options
    Coyote4_zpsf6937279.jpg

Yesterdays coyote
  • hunter1025
    Options
    That's a nice size yote.

I missed a nice 8 point yesterday. Hit a branch and wend right under him. Well I will have all next week so I think I will get another chance.
  • Nanadena
    Options
    Good luck Hunter!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Great looking coyote.

Hunter, at least you got a shot off. I had two does around me when the big 8 pointer (the one at the top of this page) comes trotting down behind me. I get ready to draw and he takes a hard right towards the does. I swing my bow around the tree...and knocked my arrow off!! he and the does hung around another 10 minutes (out of range) and left.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Man that stink.

I never had another legal buck within range the rest of the archery season. Saw a few other legal one, but no where close to within range. My buddy connected with a 9 point last Thursday close to by stand. It was a good archery season for seeing buck. Hope to see a few of them during our gun season.
  • missigus
    Options
    Ok, Hopefully I can do this, I have never tried uploading photos from photobucket before...Anyway Had a great hunt over the weekend for opening rifle season. Both my son and I got nice bucks. Big 4x4's both our largest to date. Mine was on a doe and had to yell at him to get him to stop. Almost didn't get him, since he was on the run. My son's we had to blood trail for a mile and drag back across part of the Platt River from an island, but we found him and got him! Later that evening, my son (age 17) also shot a doe, I still have a couple tags left, so hopefully more to come and an even fuller freezer.
    2c9fa44e-53d2-4663-a32f-021890cb922d_zpsdb4d429d.jpg

cb1f031d-1986-4b2d-a469-f434bcf106bd_zpsedee2605.jpg
  • missigus
    Options
    Sorry, those are a little big, but couldn't figure out how to resize and then post, the first one actually had both me and Christian in it but only got him... grrrr!

Ok....never mind finally got it figured out...I'm a little slow sometimes. :embarassed:
  • Nanadena
    Options
    Nice animals! How many can you get?