New to group

Options
Hello, I am looking forward to communicating with this group. I am looking for encouragement to get motivated to exercise and healthier eating. I have a treadmill that has been in my family room for 3 years now. I have gone from getting on it a little to not using it at all this past year! I don't like where I am and I am overdue to do something about it. It sounds like all of our goals are similar so.... Let's Go!

Replies

• julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Last summer, I was doing so well. I was walking at the track 3-4 times per week and doing well with my food diary. I have gotten out of the habit of walking and tracking my food and it is hard to get back into the swing of things. I had lost almost 50 lbs, but have put on about 40-help! I'm good at encouraging others, but I need to be harped on until I get back into the habit.
  • Julieanniam
    Julieanniam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined and am kind of in a similar situation. In the summer it is easy to exercise because you want to be outdoors (at least I do!) but once cooler weather hits I want to be indoors and cooking something warm. I had a treadmill when I lived in Florida and lost 40 pounds by walking on it for 50-60 minutes every weekday. Once I lost that much weight I felt more confident wearing shorts and began cycling (at 5am because that was the safest and coolest time) I lost a total of 60 pounds in 3 years. Then I moved out west and the roads weren't as nice to ride on and I gained 40 pounds back. I put a $1,000. road bike on layaway about 5 weeks ago and plan to have it paid off by Christmas and then am going to start riding again, my goal is to ride 100 miles in one day sometime in the year 2014 (I turn 50 next year....YIKES!)

So, I am here to cheer you on and push you when you want to be lazy (hey, we all have those days!)

My name is Julie, by the way.