Stronglifts 5x5 Summary

Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Thanks so much for the explanation. I wasn't understanding a few things but now I do!! :)
  • lea_sparkles
    lea_sparkles Posts: 6 Member
    bump
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Bump!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Bump!! Thank you!!!
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    my new favorite thread!!
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you for this :smile:
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    bump for later :)
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    bump
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Bump!
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Bump
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Thank you SO much! Very informative!
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks so much, I did day one today!
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    This is awesome, thank you so much for putting it together! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with the PDF! :noway: :laugh:
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    For all the newbies just starting SL’s.

I originally didn't read the PDF and missed this part when reading the summary, but ladies who are just starting this program now, make sure you alternate workouts A & B every week. So basically Week 1 workouts would be: Workout A, Workout B, Workout A and Week 2 workouts would then be: Workout B, Workout A, Workout B.

I've since read the PDF and every workout should follow this way. Just remember to add 2.5 lbs to each side of the barbell for a total of 5 lbs for all of the exercises except for the deadlift. It's supposed to be 10 lbs (5 lbs on each side), which I will do until failure and then increase by 5 lbs total as it says in the PDF. Hope this helps all the newbies out there. If your gym only has at minimum 5 lb weight plates, you will either have to buy your own 2.5 lb plates to take to the gym with you, increase your workouts by 5 lbs on each side every time or join a new gym. My original gym, Blink Fitness had this issue with only 5 lbs plates, plus they only have one power cage with one bench for presses so after having to go to the gym at 5 am all the time when the cage was free, I ended up finding a powerlifting gym in my area for the same price, World's gym, and love it there. I now have access to many power cages/squat racks, benches for presses and other fantastic weight lifting equipment. So changing gyms might be best for some of you as well. Although I am keeping my other membership for convenience reasons since it's around the block from my house, to be used only for cardio purposes. Good luck to all in your lifting journies!!
  • AJPJNJ
    AJPJNJ Posts: 18 Member
    Bump
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Bumpity Bump
  • choaks
    choaks Posts: 6 Member
    Bump to keep for reference
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Bump. *love it!*